Qjet fine tuning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flyboy1100

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
me
Truck Year
Truck Model
k1500
Engine Size
305, 700r4??, 3.42 gears
Mostly curious to know how I know of I am lean at cruise and WOT. I would rather be slightly on the rich side than lean side, bit I have no idea how I tell.

I think I would be dealing with APT and secondary hangers? My secondary needles are DR and a K hanger.

APT needs to be turned counterclockwise for richer?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Secondary hangers have nothing to do with cruise. The APT is what controls cruise Lean/rich mixture to some extent. It is also controlled by the stiffness of the power piston spring.

APT clockwise for lean, counter clockwise for rich.

The APT is basically a lean limiter. The power piston can only lean to a certain point depending on how far down the APT is adjusted. Everything in between is controlled by the power piston spring.

The secondary hangers more control how fast the secondaries kick in not so much rich/lean mixture. Don't quote me but im pretty sure at WOT all secondary metering rods are fully disengaged from their seats no matter what hanger is used.

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Mostly curious to know how I know of I am lean at cruise and WOT. I would rather be slightly on the rich side than lean side, bit I have no idea how I tell.

I think I would be dealing with APT and secondary hangers? My secondary needles are DR and a K hanger.

APT needs to be turned counterclockwise for richer?

The only effective way of truly knowing how your carb is running is using a wideband tool and seeing what your AF ratios are when driving around and adjusting from that.

Too many variables other than just a carb and motor such as elevation and such to say how a carb is tuned.

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
X2 this^^^

Sent from the dust in front of you!

flyboy1100

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
me
Truck Year
Truck Model
k1500
Engine Size
305, 700r4??, 3.42 gears
Darn.

rich weyand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
X3.

Bite the bullet and buy the meter. It's worth it. I recommend the NGK meter. It's about $300. Best performance upgrade for $300 you are ever likely to buy. Nothing but nothing beats a properly tuned carb, and nothing else can make up for a poorly tuned one.

flyboy1100

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
me
Truck Year
Truck Model
k1500
Engine Size
305, 700r4??, 3.42 gears
Too many other things I need now with that 300. Maybe when I drop a new engine in next year I hope.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hugger-4641