Proper way to measure for seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikeoverland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
250/I6
Recently I got my "scrounge" on and managed to find a set of seats that came out of some sort of a Chrysler product. Since the seats are in excellent shape (one small hole smaller than the size of my pinkie finger and a missing headrest) and were the best price ever (free) they are now going to be used to replace what is left of the bench seat in my 81. mounting them is going to be fun but i have no idea HOW to measure my bench seat so as to start the process of installing my mystery seats. I will say something about the new seats....... i now have airbags in my 81. I'm never going to hook them up but they are there.

Mike

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
See noone has replied.
Just spitballing here. Center drivers seat up on the steering wheel and adjustment all the way back with whatever clearance you want from the back of the cab to the seat back.
Then check all the way forward adjustment to make sure nothing is prohibitive there.
Then mimic that location on the passenger side.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84