Preventing rust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matt69olds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC 1/2 ton
Engine Size
455 Olds
i just bought a bed for my truck. The bed came from a Arkansas truck, other than the typical minor working mans “battle damage” dents and severe weather beaten paint, it’s very solid and rust free. Since I live in the dreaded “tin worm” habitat, what’s the best way to protect the bed? The days of using the truck as a work vehicle are past, but it will still be used as a truck. I’m thinking through cleaning, blowing out all the dirt and crud from internal concealed areas, and lots of 3M internal corrosion spray. It comes in a aerosol can, and is a kinda oily gooey goop. Opinions?

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
The 3m undercoat stuff will actually dry, unlike some of the cheaper stuff. It seems pretty durable.

As for it’s efficacy for rust prevention, I’m not sure. I only have a few hundred miles since finishing my truck and where I live DOT can’t use salt or deicers, only sand is allowed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shock loaded