Prefence for what websites/outlets you buy stuff from?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Besides LMC, I know there's USA1, Classic Parts, etc... recently I purchased a pre-cut side molding kit from Route LA. LMC kills me on shipping, do you all have a preference for where you purchase from? I tend to shop around and buy from the best deal but looking to see if you all have a favorite.

RanchWelder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
--------
Truck Year
Truck Model
Blazer
Engine Size
355ci
Subscribed...

Randy and Easton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10 LWB
Engine Size
Been trying to buy from Holley recently since they took over brothers truck and offer free shipping over $100. Problem is they just don’t have a large selection at this point yet.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Depends on what it be you need.
Hell, Amazon has some squarebody stuff.
Big Places like Holley, Summit and others have free shipping typically over $100. Summit is the same and they ship very quick generally.
Never seen a dedicated classic vehicle supply like LMC or small time mom n pop place like ORD that doesn’t charge liberally for shipping. Just how it is.

I’m not an experienced classic car part internet customer but I’ve incurred some extra shipping costs getting the last few 1 here 1 there resto parts.
But I bought most everything else in a few big purchases where I’d see which place I could get a balance of the most powers I needed and the best price, in one order. Sometimes it’s the Truck Shop, sometimes Classic parts, just depends.

codfish

Drive a hybrid. I NEED your gas!!
Reaction score
First Name
gary
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Haven’t had to buy anything that’s very squarebody specific lately. I’d prefer to buy locally first, followed by online places like summit, kegs, or whatever. Rock auto has been great as well. Biggest problem living here in Canada is the shipping from all of these places!! A $15 part from summit will cost me about $60 to the door! Nuts.

So lately, Amazon it is. Actual free shipping and decent prices.

Codfish

ali_c20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Alexander
Truck Year
1974, 1979
Truck Model
C20, K5
Engine Size
350, 350
Shipping and taxes to Europe are a nightmare since 2 years. Wasn't cheap before but now it's ridiculously expensive. I often choose based on shipping. If Rock Auto is cheap but ships from 5 locations I buy from Summit with a higher price but only 1 box which safes me money. Shops where I look for parts and buy in random order: LMC, Rock Auto, Classic Parts, Classic Industries, Summit, Speedway Motors, Original Parts Group, Offroad Design, Lugnut 4x4, West Coast Classic Cougars, Kentucky Mustang, eBay for NOS or used parts.
Don't have an Amazon account, I don't want my money helping that Bezos guy build penis rockets.

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Been trying to buy from Holley recently since they took over brothers truck and offer free shipping over $100. Problem is they just don’t have a large selection at this point yet.
Yeah, I found the same. Their selection isn't there yet, and I've found that their trim is even more expensive than LMC, etc. Unless I was looking wrong while uncaffeinated.

There's no reviews on Holley bumpers for these trucks on Summit, but the shipping was the best deal of course and the price was right so I bought one- just arrived and have yet to open it.

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Shipping and taxes to Europe are a nightmare since 2 years. Wasn't cheap before but now it's ridiculously expensive. I often choose based on shipping. If Rock Auto is cheap but ships from 5 locations I buy from Summit with a higher price but only 1 box which safes me money. Shops where I look for parts and buy in random order: LMC, Rock Auto, Classic Parts, Classic Industries, Summit, Speedway Motors, Original Parts Group, Offroad Design, Lugnut 4x4, West Coast Classic Cougars, Kentucky Mustang, eBay for NOS or used parts.
Don't have an Amazon account, I don't want my money helping that Bezos guy build penis rockets.

That list alone is worth taking note of. It's funny, I've purchased lots of mechanical needs (bearings, brakes, etc) over the years from Rock Auto but I've never looked into them for trim, etc. Might have to take a look and see if they carry any of that stuff.

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Haven’t had to buy anything that’s very squarebody specific lately. I’d prefer to buy locally first, followed by online places like summit, kegs, or whatever. Rock auto has been great as well. Biggest problem living here in Canada is the shipping from all of these places!! A $15 part from summit will cost me about $60 to the door! Nuts.

So lately, Amazon it is. Actual free shipping and decent prices.

Codfish
I hear ya- getting stuff across the border is probably a big hurdle. When I was shopping online for my pre-cut side molding kit for the '81 the other day, and found out the LMC had sold out, I google searched and I remember finding a Canadian company that was selling them. You might already know who that would be but if I run across them again I'll shoot you a message.

Edit- found them. carpretty.com
Unfortunately just does trim, etc. Not a full fledged shop with truck parts. But I guess that's somethin'.

codfish

Drive a hybrid. I NEED your gas!!
Reaction score
First Name
gary
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Not sure if they’re still around but RPM Reproductions is a Canadian place I’ve gotten Nova stuff from before. BC outfit I think.

Codfish

GTX63

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ty
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I have used Coverlay for some interior stuff. No problems and prices were good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeBeepBeep