Power Windows - Any suggestions X3...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DGDamato

Reaction score
First Name
Dominic
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
My power windows (driver side and passenger) all of a sudden stopped working - no sound at all when I push the button. I put a new circuit breaker in the fuse box but that was not the issue. Any suggestions?

Also, my tailgate window recently stopped working but I can hear a click in the back but there is no movement. Any suggestions?

Lastly, I recently replaced the rubber seals around the driver's side window and was really happy with how it came out after about 4 hours of labor...but, it is so tight that the glass pulled out of the chanel it was in and would not go down with the window mechanism (before the issue above occurred of course). Any suggestions?

So now, I have a driver side window that won't go down, a passenger side window that won't go up and a tailgate window that won't go down.

When I first purchased my rig, I tried to explain to my wife that a K5 is like having a second wife and she didn't understand...now, she does.

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
Try wiring straight to the motors to rule them out. Could have a short.

I swapped to Manual doors on my suburban because I dislike the old power windows. I wired my tailgate motor straight to a switch.

I may still have switches, and things around. All were working when pulled. If I can find them, and you need any of it, I will mail it out to you(no cost).

Last edited:

dvdswan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Did you try the switch on the passenger door? Could just be the master switch has an issue. Back window my have a broken gear or regulator.

DGDamato

Reaction score
First Name
Dominic
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
Thank you Arkansas_V8...that would be awesome!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84