Power mirrors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

apeman

Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Anyone try to put power mirrors on an older square? If so, any direction on what may or may not work and still look somewhat "normal"?

Going to do power window/lock conversions on my 77 stepside and got to wondering about mirrors too.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Anyone try to put power mirrors on an older square? If so, any direction on what may or may not work and still look somewhat "normal"?

Going to do power window/lock conversions on my 77 stepside and got to wondering about mirrors too.
You could use some off of one of the last square suburbans. Not sure which years, but they had a power mirror option. They dont look anything like the regular mirrors though.

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
Ugly SOB's. GMT400 style mirror with a square body base. I think they were available 1990 and 1991. Switch was located on the driver door panel which I think is different in a 77.

You must be registered for see images attach

climb-101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
seth
Truck Year
Truck Model
c2 crew cab
Engine Size
6.0 LS
i have a set that is powered that are the same style. i thought about putting them on my truck. just have to figure out a switch for them. they are a little deeper on the mirror part (the black ring part) but other than that there the same size, both the top part and the mounting part. they have a 4 pin square plug.

nvrenuf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
That stainless set should be van mirrors.

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
I was gonna say those mirrors look like either van mirrors or similar vintage Dodge mirrors. That connector looks like its from a Dodge to me.

Edit quick google tells me I'm wrong. Not a Dodge set but the plug is similar to later model Chrysler connectors

Last edited:

climb-101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
seth
Truck Year
Truck Model
c2 crew cab
Engine Size
6.0 LS
I was gonna say those mirrors look like either van mirrors or similar vintage Dodge mirrors. That connector looks like its from a Dodge to me.

Edit quick google tells me I'm wrong. Not a Dodge set but the plug is similar to later model Chrysler connectors

i think they are chevy van mirrors

apeman

Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Thanks for the help so far! I've been a lurker for quite a while because I forgot my password, so I wasn't able to use the search function. After I made this post, I saw another one where someone adapted some Ramcharger mirrors including using heat strips and signal flashers. I don't need either of those, but between the van mirrors and the Ramcharger mirrors, I think I have some things to look for on my next trip to Pick 'N Pull!!

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
Yeah, those are GM Van mirrors, Dodge had similar mirrors but in black.

Tlambert

Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Silverado
Engine Size

That black power mirror switch looks the same as the one used on 1st gen S10s with the small black power mirror option.

ajd89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Thanks for the help so far! I've been a lurker for quite a while because I forgot my password, so I wasn't able to use the search function. After I made this post, I saw another one where someone adapted some Ramcharger mirrors including using heat strips and signal flashers. I don't need either of those, but between the van mirrors and the Ramcharger mirrors, I think I have some things to look for on my next trip to Pick 'N Pull!!

Heres a part number for the gm van mirrors if that helps at all. Found the post with the ram mirrors to those are pretty sweet!

Kenneth

Reaction score
First Name
kenneth
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
Dodge Ram truck 80’s to early 90’s mirrors look like factory manual mirrors and mount in the original mount. You can buy new ones from places like A1Auto and just wire to Chevy switch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linemanjl