Pitman Arm Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moose_Drool

Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
Replacing the old 4" lift with a new Tuff Country 2" lift. Do I return to a stock Pitman arm or use the one on the old 4"?

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
Welcome Moose!

That would be a good question to run past ORD.

I would think it depends what you want to do with the truck. Those 2" lift springs can give you great articulation if you run long shocks and a high mount Ford shock tower (or make your own).... and disconnect the anti-swaybar. This would give lots of suspension droop, which is the trick to keeping your wheels on the ground finding traction. Many sucessfull square body rock crawlers out there with 2" lifts, 40" tires and cut the ever living heck out of the fenders.

IF that was your goal then run the 4" pitman to allow droop. If you want to rock crawl you'll actually want cross-over steering and a D60.

And we NEED PICS!!

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Mine was lifted just 2.5" and I was told (by ORD when I bought the front sway disconnects) the stocker works "up to" 4 in. If it were mine I'd swap the original back in, if anything because their "up to" is at its limits.

You must be registered for see images attach

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adriank