Performance Online Front Shock Relocators

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
Don't buy these if you have a 73-87. The bolt for the shock is to small, holes arent aligned, bolt won't even go all the way through. They told me to drill it out and find bigger hardware. Zero compensation for modifying a "bolt-on" part. Thanks POL/Western Chassis for nothing....

FSMK7387 is the part number.

You must be registered for see images attach

da_raabi

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
Well that's bogus. So they advertise it to be a direct bolt-on and its all wrong? How much did you pay for them?

86Peter454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Scottsdale
Engine Size

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
https://westernchassisinc.com/1973-...ount-Relocation-Kit-for-Lowered-Trucks-Front/

$48 on western chassis website.

a little cheaper on ebay.

ive been eyeing these for a while. sucks they are not right but easily fixable. seems to be the only company that makes these for 73-87 trucks.

everyone makes them for 67-72 though.

Appartently they are all the same so buy the cheapest ones you can find. I figured paying a little extra for these would avoid hassles like this. But it didnt....

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I'm surprised at POL's response. They just sent me a new 73-87 front sway bar because the first one was tweaked a little, and they were very easy to deal with. However, if I worked for POL, I'd stop selling those shock brackets until my supplier fixed them! And I'd certainly refund your money.

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
Quality....

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
And these things hold up after a lot of road miles? They seem like a cheesy design to me.

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
And these things hold up after a lot of road miles? They seem like a cheesy design to me.

They should, the metal decently sized and the welds appear solid. The design style has been around a while and even though POL wants to describe the 73-87 version as a "hot new item" they obviously arent.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
Hot New Item = Get Rid Of Them

Like bucket said, cheesy design. I guess they don't have a 'Quality Control' Dept.
Any part you have to modify to fit is lame. One size fits all my foot. Shysters.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
They should, the metal decently sized and the welds appear solid. The design style has been around a while and even though POL wants to describe the 73-87 version as a "hot new item" they obviously arent.

I just don't like where they mount, and how they mount. You've got a shock that's going to be constantly trying to force those tabs up and down. So it's placing a lot of leverage on the top lip of the frame. It also looks like the bracket mounts by the ends only? So the shock will also try to twist those brackets.

Maybe I'm just over thinking it and they will be fine. It just seems like a lot of potential for flexing and cracking.

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
Well they have 3 bolts that hold them to the top of the frame. Thats two more than the large stud in the stock location in the frame. Maybe your right, I guess I will find out. I have bent the brackets and worn out multiple sets of top washers with the stud type shocks that came with my kit. Plus they didnt have enough travel in either direction so something had to change. I had another idea but as I actually looked at it this seemed like the easier route to go.

On another note, I looked up shocks for C10s all the way back to 1966 yesterday (ya I was kinda bored) and they all call for the same shock as my 78. So maybe some other shocks use a smaller top bolt than KYB's but if you buy these for an older truck and get KYB shocks you're going to have a bolt thats to small as well. The top eye in the KYB shocks is 5/8" and the supplied bolt is 1/2"....

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Well, I won't argue that the stock shock mounts sucks, lol. I just would have designed a different bracket that mounts to the side of the frame instead. But if they hold up well, it's hard to argue with that.

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
Well after all this crap I wound up not using these. The KYB shocks I have work better mounted in the stock location. I wasnt going to get very much up travel past my ride height using these brackets.

With the range of motion the shocks have I dont see why anyone needs relocators or drop shocks at all.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbcasterlin