Patch Panels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nabeshin

functioning lunatic
Reaction score
First Name
Grae
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Are there any fender patch panels that are double skinned? I mean, the oem fenders and such seem to have an outer and inner skin. I want some patch panels from Auto Metal Direct, I hear they are the best and thickest.

My questions is, are they or any double skinned? Who has gotten these before? Are they good quality?

What about bedside patches? The oem bedsides seem to be double skinned as well.

I think my front fenders are done-for since they are rusted behind and in front of the wheels, plus the arches. The original paint is in good shape on top, but there is no character and patina to be preserved like there would be on the bedside rails. Thus I'd be ok with a complete replacement of the front fenders. Cutting the tops of mine to graft onto a new replacement would be dumb, and probably not keep the top paint undisturbed, negating the point.

DanMcG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
1978 1985
Truck Model
k10 k10
Engine Size
400 350
There are no double skinned patch panels, only double skinned, complete fenders and bed sides

eskimomann209

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
For the inner just cut and weld steel of the proper gauge. Doesn’t matter if the pattern is different. You’re not going to see that. It’s what I did. Then sprayed paint down there like ray charles.

nabeshin

functioning lunatic
Reaction score
First Name
Grae
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Thanks.

OEM gauge of my vintage is said to be 19 gauge, is this correct?

eskimomann209

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I can’t remember exactly what gauge but for the inner I went with something thicker than 19

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
83elcowes