Parting out 1994 Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
Very close to where I live. AND it has the brown/tan interior goin on.

The driver's seat in my Blazer is broken and tilts back WAY TOO FAR so the truck is driven sitting upright with no back rest.
My solution was gonna be to swap the front seats side to side. I started looking for other seats because i've been told these seats repair ****** and don't weld worth a f-

Anyways, i'm bout convinced my interior is gray, only dirty enough to appear amber, or wtfe the color is called. Carpet and all.
I want it tan lol?
It is mostly Suburban interior I think. door panels, seats, the dash? and likely the engine or something... i dunno. It has a turbo 350 trans innit for cryin out loud! But also a very desireable np208 dude said, it's not a ****** one.

Anyway, will 1994 Suburban front seats bolt into my 1988 K5 Blazer? If so, i'll run look at em. Maybe some other pieces I can source too! How many parts interchange?

Thank you.

https://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/pts/d/oklahoma-city-1994-suburban-part-out/6778638666.html

You must be registered for see images attach

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
Don't Blazer seats tip forward so you can access the back seat?

Suburban seats only recline.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
Yes, the passenger seat should, that's how I reckon these are suburban seats...it doesn't flip forward.
:shrug:

Blue Ox

Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
Do you know what failed on the seat? One of mine had the backrest collapse, but it was only broken bolts, not the seat frame, so it was an easy fix.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Yes, the passenger seat should, that's how I reckon these are suburban seats...it doesn't flip forward.
:shrug:

'88 K5's had a different seat mount setup than your old K5. When you release the passenger seat back and tilt it forward, the whole seat is supposed to slide forward on the tracks. If it doesn't, there's a little cable under the side cover that may be unhooked or broken.

And among other things from the 80's and early 90's, Camaro seats bolt directly to K5 seat tracks.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Oh, and those Burb seats are of the aftermarket conversion variety, who knows how they mount up. You would just have to get them and see what holes need drilled where.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
'88 K5's had a different seat mount setup than your old K5. When you release the passenger seat back and tilt it forward, the whole seat is supposed to slide forward on the tracks. If it doesn't, there's a little cable under the side cover that may be unhooked or broken.

And among other things from the 80's and early 90's, Camaro seats bolt directly to K5 seat tracks.

Really. Huh..

@Blue Ox
no sir. I have no idea what is broken sir. I only know it is broken lol. Brother Bryan was prolly fillin my head with more garbage. I don't believe for a second he acts in malice...but that guy was a mentor to me and I have a hard time "splitting paths" from him it seems. I very clearly recall the one instance where I knew I had "outgrown" his mentorship...he will always be my friend and Brother but I have very recently considered givin ol' Doctor Dan some business instead.
Bryan has the Babe C20 Blue Ox let's not forget!

@bucket
I have no interest in the wrong fit conversion seats and drilling holes. Thanks for the info.
I will look onto my current seats differently now.

A broken bolt...hmm.

Maybe? I was kinda messin with thr driver seat lasg night trying to find where it's broken at.
This thread has NOT been notifying me of replies.

So there aren't any /many / super good parts for my 88K5 in that 94 Surburban.. oh well.

The search continues!

I sure got a good line on Camaro seats...great info. ;)

Last edited:

Blue Ox

Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
I'm not trying to second guess anyone. Particularly not people who are standing next to the problem when I'm 1000 miles away. Just reporting my experience with a similar situation.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
I didn't think that at all! He was tellin me all kinds of wonky **** about my Blazer and later I find out that he's just. not. accurate.
(About that)
He has very little clue wtf he's talkin about. I have to come HERE to get the scoop.

The Blazer is in way better shape than I was initially led to believe.
A appreciate your input and YOU are prolly more right than he - about that.

I was too busy to mess with it last night, the weather is gettin too nice. Tonight won't be any better...
There are bad guys comin out the proverbial woodwork!

Last edited: