Parking Brake Foot Lever won't stay down.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RobertWichert

Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Cheyenne
Engine Size
I searched for "Parking Brake Lever won't stay down" and didn't get much. This is a brand new foot lever assembly and it goes down and acts like it will stay down and "ON" but then......... POP! Up it comes.

This is pretty much what the original one did, but worse.

Any ideas?

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
Check for excessive or thick paint on the catch lever. If no paint a small squirt of penetrating oil should work.

It does sound to me like the catch is sticking. DON'T toss the old one.
You must be registered for see images attach

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
That's exactly what I thought as well, that the catch isn't coming down as it "clicks", that's what's making the clicking sound is the catch catching every tooth as the lever goes down. It'll click, but it's staying in place when you stop pushing down. Then as you stop pushing, it doesn't fall into the tooth it's just staying there. Also, check the spring. Yeah, like @Snoots said, put some oil on it. Actually @Snoots, I think the manual calls for 30w motor oil. Yeah I know, it becomes this sticky mess on the parts with hair and fuzz and stuff stuck all on it over time. Seen it, it's nasty but hey.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Forum statistics