Park brake release

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shanegtr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
Found what I think is another little oddity from my burb being converted to RH drive. Park brake release from what I can tell is different - trouble is the cable or handle for it is jammed. Anyone have any suggestions on what to replace it with? I think if I went to a factory setup it would leave a hole in the lower dash. Any suggestioms of a possible replacement?
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my GT-S7275Y using Tapatalk

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
Found what I think is another little oddity from my burb being converted to RH drive. Park brake release from what I can tell is different - trouble is the cable or handle for it is jammed. Anyone have any suggestions on what to replace it with? I think if I went to a factory setup it would leave a hole in the lower dash. Any suggestioms of a possible replacement?

Sent from my GT-S7275Y using Tapatalk

Maybe consider releasing the actuating cable/rod from the e-brake operator (also remove the screws securing the handle assembly to the dash) and then, with it on the bench, try to free it up. If you find that it is already free to move, that would suggest the problem is in the operating mechanism - rather than the releasing gear.

shanegtr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
The operating mechanism is fine as I can release the park brake from under the dash no issues.

shanegtr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
freed up the release - required a bit of brute force and stupidity but its all good now

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laqota