PAG oil capacity question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Hey all. Does anyone know the PAG oil capacity for the AC system when using a remanufactured A6 compressor (Four Seasons) on a R134A system? The system is open, I'm going to replace the compressor, accumulator and orifice tube and I'm going to flush the system. The new compressor says it has 3 ounces in it, but the chart they provide doesn't give me an answer for the overall capacity in our trucks. I have read both 8 ounces and 11 ounces. Does anyone know which is correct? Thanks!

CookieSoup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
im not sure but im interested to find out

Erik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
The best I can tell from the compressor chart, it says 10 ounces of mineral oil for the A6 compressor in vehicles with no rear ac. So I'm gonna go with 10 ounces of PAG - 8 in the compressor and 2 in the accumulator. We'll see how this works out.

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
I would not go over 10, although the specs do call for 10.5-11.0. You should be charging with less R134a (usually 75% of R12 charge), so less oil makes sense.

Did you buy an actual A6, or is it one of the new clones (Pro6Ten?). My original A6 died due to the black death, and the rebuilt I got did not last well either. I got a Sanden and brackets from Vintage Air, and had hoses made to adapt them to the old system. It works well, especially now that I've found my leak (high pressure cutoff switch body was slowly leaking).

Bruce

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willyg