One side sagging

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TPISly-C10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sly
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10 shortbox
Engine Size
LQ4 6.0L
I know lot of square body sagg on one side..mine is one inch too low driver side, well i know too that the driver,battry, brake system, fuel tank is on that side...my question is more how too fix that then why! :D

i got a belltech 5/7 drop

maybe just retapping the leaf set on the left side? :)

i'm gonna first mesuring diff to frame and in front between upper and lower A arm! ;)

thx for any solution

86Peter454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Scottsdale
Engine Size
springs get worn out over time.

one option is to just swap the sides of the springs left to right. this means when you are sitting in the truck it will level it out a bit.

or just get new springs all together.

mine sags as well but only the leafs in the back because the springs up front are brand new.

ive kicked around swapping the sides but its more work than i care to do lol.

jjester6000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
I don't know if you can tell, but my truck saggs to the passenger side.
You must be registered for see images attach

The guy I bought it from was pretty fat, so I always joke that its in order to conpensate for his weight.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
mine sags bad driver side. Also has the most sheet metal weight reduction and such, but the leafs in the rear are broken on 2 spots in the pack.

TPISly-C10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sly
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10 shortbox
Engine Size
LQ4 6.0L
springs get worn out over time.

one option is to just swap the sides of the springs left to right. this means when you are sitting in the truck it will level it out a bit.

or just get new springs all together.

mine sags as well but only the leafs in the back because the springs up front are brand new.

ive kicked around swapping the sides but its more work than i care to do lol.

my front coil are brand new too..but my rear leaf is old thy for the input! ;)

TPISly-C10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sly
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10 shortbox
Engine Size
LQ4 6.0L
mine sags bad driver side. Also has the most sheet metal weight reduction and such, but the leafs in the rear are broken on 2 spots in the pack.

i think i'm gonna look and mesure those old leaf at back! thx :)

TPISly-C10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sly
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10 shortbox
Engine Size
LQ4 6.0L
buy a 1" rubber spacer for the front left coil! now it sit right! 1/4 inch in front and 0 even hight in back (before was 1-1/4 in front and 3/4 in rear) i'm happy! :D

79dentside

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC Sierra Classic
Engine Size
Same issue here, but on the passenger side. Mine sits down around an inch lower on the passenger side with no air in the air shocks that I installed.

I unplugged the drivers side air shock and aired up only the passenger shock 2 nights ago and it leveled it out until I fix whatever is going on. I assumed it is a saggy leaf spring pack on that side.

For the time being it may help with weight distribution when feeding her the coal now that the back right corner stiffened up.... haha

Last edited:

ajd89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Im glad your brought this up. My truck sags bad too! Passenger side is lower can see the difference in the overloads. Im wondering if someone put to much weight on one side and my spring is sprung.

TPISly-C10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sly
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10 shortbox
Engine Size
LQ4 6.0L
since mine got now the good stance..my rear feel a bit to much low...so i buy back some OEM style rear shackle to get the right stance in back! man my ride confort is so much better...my vibration that i have to figure to (pinion angle setting) sime to be good! i never put again those drop shackle and now my truck ride so smouth! :D

Kim Burke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kim
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
Please determine if the frame is bent or sagging springs is the culprit.
Sorry if this is confusing.
Measure:
Put truck on LEVEL pad.
Measure all four corners thru the center of the wheels to the bottom of the wheel well.
Determine the low corner front and rear.
* if either front or rear(side to side) is level, you’re screwed. The frame will likely not allow you to level up the truck.
Now, if the low side is the same (right or left) front and rear, the end with the most difference can be ‘adjusted’ to level up.

If rear is 1/2”-1” off, spring can be blocked to level up. Weight will shift to the opposite side front and level up the truck.

If front is off more than the rear, double check a ring in the coil didn’t break off the bottom. Take the outside ends loose on the sway bar and remeasure. I’ve seen them bent from running into something and they are stout enough the transfer weight if bent. If bar is straight, the front coil can have a spacer put between the rings but a C1500’s front‘s wire size makes it hard to do. I’ve put a rubber spacer under a sagging coil but temporary fix is all you’re getting. New coils and start over is the only sure thing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmousseau8