Off to paint!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TX87R10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
I'm jealous of your workshop there looks really nice. The worst part for me of taking it to get some new paint was the wait. Took about four weeks before I got it back. Looks like you did a lot more prep work than me though :)

FireTruck1984

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
1984 and 1984
Truck Model
High Sierra K1500 350. Sierra Classic C1500 305.
Engine Size
350, 305
I'm jealous of your workshop there looks really nice. The worst part for me of taking it to get some new paint was the wait. Took about four weeks before I got it back. Looks like you did a lot more prep work than me though :)
Yeah the waiting is tough when you’re eager to put it back together, although 4 weeks is a really good turn around time for a paint shop.

RoryH19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rory
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado SWB
Engine Size
350 TBI
For sure. Just got mine back last Sunday.
6 months worth of waiting but Corona shut them down for a while.
Good luck.

Scott91370

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra1500
Engine Size

Thanks! The outside is way better than the inside - plain old sheet rock. It's only a 2 car size but with all the extra parts in it I didn't have a ton of room.

They are saying about 4 weeks on this one. I can be patient as long as it turns out right. I'm hoping that knowing the owner for 30 years helps a little. No actual prep except for the removing everything I could from the body except what they wanted on it. There are a few small pieces in the cab.

It's actually for my daughter, who turns 16 tomorrow. If I would have been able to get motivated a few times we might have actually had it back already but some days I was just to wore out to do any work on it, even with her help.

We're looking at Cobalt blue with a black primer. Something like this:
You must be registered for see images attach

After getting it to the shop I realized the rear will probably have to come down 2" more to get it level. Dang, more work...

MisterB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K2500 4X4
Engine Size
I've heard so many horror stories of paint shops keeping your truck hostage for several years, that I either run a patina truck, or get one that's already got a nice paint job. Sounds like you have a really good paint shop

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeBeepBeep