Odd parts, I can't find.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
I'm looking for the braces that are in front of the rear wheels that brace the body panel.

Also need a set of beauty rings for 4x4 Rally Wheels. They are 3" wide. They need to be on decent shape. I plan on sand blasting them, and powder coating them chrome.

Anyone have these items LMK, how much.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
The skinny braces that kind of go at an angle around the front of the rear fender well? Those just bolt up? I know there are some in a throw away bed we have, but I have to check for rust. It'll be a week, plus or minus a day, before I can get back to MS to do that, and if someone else can help you quicker and more effectively, it won't hurt my feelings if you go that route. If no luck by then, and they check out, I'd be more than happy to help out.

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
Yes those are the braces I'm looking for. I need as many as you can find. No hurry. I'm just planning ahead.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Dammit, I may have had the beauty rings but I know I just sold one of them that was on a Rally wheel I sold. Not sure I have 4 left of not. I'll check next time I get to storage or my dads. Since I'm going 8 lug on the K10/20, I've been selling off the 4x4 6 lug Rallies to guys who just need 1 wheel for $25 since I couldn't get $100 for the set. So far 3 have sold, 2 to one guy for $20ea. I'll look around. I know they're wider than the standard 2wd rings. That's what I just sold for $25.

You must be registered for see images attach

SDJunkMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I've been selling off the 4x4 6 lug Rallies to guys who just need 1 wheel for $25 since I couldn't get $100 for the set. So far 3 have sold, 2 to one guy for $20ea. I'll look around. I know they're wider than the standard 2wd rings. That's what I just sold for $25.

Damm, wish you were closer. I need one wheel for my spare, haven't found any at the pull a part.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Well lemme know if you have any truck driver buds or friends on vacation passing through OKC. We're centrally located. I've had many out of state part buyers stop in. Pretty sure I have one without a tire on it so it won't take up much room.

SDJunkMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Well lemme know if you have any truck driver buds or friends on vacation passing through OKC. We're centrally located. I've had many out of state part buyers stop in. Pretty sure I have one without a tire on it so it won't take up much room.
Was at the pick a part yesterday and found one. Guy was organising the rims and had one in a pile that he was sorting through. Is there any easy to identify the trim rings that fit the rally's? They just throw all of theirs together on an old truck bed.

Keith Seymore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Keith Seymore
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
4.3L
Was at the pick a part yesterday and found one. Guy was organising the rims and had one in a pile that he was sorting through. Is there any easy to identify the trim rings that fit the rally's? They just throw all of theirs together on an old truck bed.

Just by appearance. The correct ones look in the photo above and crimp inside the wheel.

The good new is, if you are not a stickler for correct, all of the Corvette rally wheel trim rings will also fit and appear mostly correct. They can be purchased new pretty cheaply through Summit, Jegs, or used at local swap meets.

K

SDJunkMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Just by appearance. The correct ones look in the photo above and crimp inside the wheel.

The good new is, if you are not a stickler for correct, all of the Corvette rally wheel trim rings will also fit and appear mostly correct. They can be purchased new pretty cheaply through Summit, Jegs, or used at local swap meets.

K
Thanks Keith. I went through the pile and didn't find anything that seemed to fit right, so I guess I'll keep looking. Don't plan to put rings on until I get the wheels cleaned up and new tires, so if I don't find any used by then, I'll try one of the parts houses.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
I checked those braces, and they’re still usable. They need to be cleaned up, and one of them appears to have some pitting on it, but they still appear to have their integrity. I’ll know more once I pull them. Just wanted to give an update.

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
I checked those braces, and they’re still usable. They need to be cleaned up, and one of them appears to have some pitting on it, but they still appear to have their integrity. I’ll know more once I pull them. Just wanted to give an update.

Cool, let me know how much you want for them. Thanks

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
Dammit, I may have had the beauty rings but I know I just sold one of them that was on a Rally wheel I sold. Not sure I have 4 left of not. I'll check next time I get to storage or my dads. Since I'm going 8 lug on the K10/20, I've been selling off the 4x4 6 lug Rallies to guys who just need 1 wheel for $25 since I couldn't get $100 for the set. So far 3 have sold, 2 to one guy for $20ea. I'll look around. I know they're wider than the standard 2wd rings. That's what I just sold for $25.

Got any of those tires for sale?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willyg