Noob mirror question . .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steveoh

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I leafed through about 80 threads and couldn't determine if the glass for this style mirror:

You must be registered for see images attach

has a right side up or upside down. I want to put a convex mirror on the driver side even if the lettering is upside down.

I put an OEM mirror I picked up on eBay for a G van on the passenger side and it really helps deal with NJ a-hole drivers.

I generally sit in the right lane doing 10 over the limit and apparently I'm still a traffic hazard to everyone in an overpriced European sports sedan or riced out Civic.

Thanks!

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
The lettering will be upside down. LMC is the only one I know of that has new convex mirrors. FYI the van mirrors and the P/U have a different mirror arms. You can see here the van has a curve. The one you have pictured is for a P/U.

Steveoh

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
The lettering will be upside down. LMC is the only one I know of that has new convex mirrors. FYI the van mirrors and the P/U have a different mirror arms. You can see here the van has a curve. The one you have pictured is for a P/U.

I found a van OEM passenger mirror with convex, it mounted right up to the K20.

I found a mirror only on eBay, some China repop I think. I hit the old mirror with a torch, shattered it, picked the remaining pieces off, and tidied everything up.

I took some silicone sealer, goozed the hell out of the OEM gooze and ran more bead and stretch wrapped it in place.

It's a "There, I fixed it" repair. :) I'll let you know if it falls out . . .

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rossivey