Noisy heater fan blower motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mtnmankev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
1984, 1983
Truck Model
K10, C20
Engine Size
383 Stroker, 350
I think it's safe to assume this was the cause of the noise when the fan was blowing.
There HAS to be a way to keep them dang critters out of my trucks !!
You must be registered for see images attach

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
That's a tough one. I really don't have that problem with my square, but Dodge and my Jeep both have had these issues. In both of those cases I glued the small holed I think it's 1/8" hardware cloth over the opening in the cowling for the heater.

mtnmankev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
1984, 1983
Truck Model
K10, C20
Engine Size
383 Stroker, 350
Maybe I need to set more mousetraps and bar bait around the parking area.
But, with my luck, it would crawl back into the truck, die, and stink up the cab.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Maybe I need to set more mousetraps and bar bait around the parking area.
But, with my luck, it would crawl back into the truck, die, and stink up the cab.
enough ozone can overcome decaying smells if the decay is far enough and the smells arent being introduced so strongly by decay. A small ozone generator can do wonders to bring the smell back to neutral especially if you direct it into the vents. just note it may make the rubber hoses and stuff in an ac system break down esp if they are old

if you want to not hit those hoses, leave it in the cab and not direct it into the vents. ozone shock treatments dont permeate surfaces well so just sitting in the cab it wouldnt be all that hard on stuff buried in the dash

mtnmankev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
1984, 1983
Truck Model
K10, C20
Engine Size
383 Stroker, 350
enough ozone can overcome decaying smells if the decay is far enough and the smells arent being introduced so strongly by decay. A small ozone generator can do wonders to bring the smell back to neutral especially if you direct it into the vents. just note it may make the rubber hoses and stuff in an ac system break down esp if they are old

if you want to not hit those hoses, leave it in the cab and not direct it into the vents. ozone shock treatments dont permeate surfaces well so just sitting in the cab it wouldnt be all that hard on stuff buried in the dash
Or, go a few hundred thousand dollars in debt and build a mouse proof garage.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Or, go a few hundred thousand dollars in debt and build a mouse proof garage.
well I dont want to say you have a bad idea but I think you can do that idea for far less than a few hundred thousand. Strategic poison/trap placemeents, filling voids, and/or natural predator introduction can go far to reduce the mice population. mowing/cutting down of any grasses/fields helps a lot too. owls live near you? owls work well. daytime we have some bad ass birds that may steal small children but they go for mice and fish too >.>

All of that can be done to prevent the introduction of mice to your garage for the possibility of mice in the truck

The ozone can take care of smells still there

If your garage is a bit musty you can help that too

mtnmankev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
1984, 1983
Truck Model
K10, C20
Engine Size
383 Stroker, 350
Yes, there are owls and predators here, but they are lazy just like 99.99999 % of my neighbors and those who live in town.
A garage would mean I never have to scrape ice off the windshield again, and I would have a climate controlled environment to work on my trucks, WITH a concrete slab and no dirt to roll around in.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size

I bought a cheap $65 ozone generator off of Amazon, because the Jeep smelled despite all kind of attempts to de stink it, I can attest that a few hours of an ozone generator running with the heating system on recirc and the smell is gone.

Yes, there are owls and predators here, but they are lazy just like 99.99999 % of my neighbors and those who live in town.
A garage would mean I never have to scrape ice off the windshield again, and I would have a climate controlled environment to work on my trucks, WITH a concrete slab and no dirt to roll around in.
About 20 or more years ago we had a big pole building / shop / barn / garage built on the farm. I haven't worked on a vehicle inside there in years, it's to full off farm stuff most of the time.... It's funny how that works. We have owls too, but the farm is a bird farm so you can bet there are rodents. I can't use poison because that could get back to the birds, but I set traps all around the coops every single night. I couldn't tell you how many, maybe 50ish? Each morning I check, and trip them, toss and catchings, kill any now dead and do it all over again. It has really made a difference in the population, we have a lot fewer issues since we started trapping everynight like that a few years ago.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
I bought a cheap $65 ozone generator off of Amazon, because the Jeep smelled despite all kind of attempts to de stink it, I can attest that a few hours of an ozone generator running with the heating system on recirc and the smell is gone.

About 20 or more years ago we had a big pole building / shop / barn / garage built on the farm. I haven't worked on a vehicle inside there in years, it's to full off farm stuff most of the time.... It's funny how that works. We have owls too, but the farm is a bird farm so you can bet there are rodents. I can't use poison because that could get back to the birds, but I set traps all around the coops every single night. I couldn't tell you how many, maybe 50ish? Each morning I check, and trip them, toss and catchings, kill any now dead and do it all over again. It has really made a difference in the population, we have a lot fewer issues since we started trapping everynight like that a few years ago.
just be careful with those rubber hoses because this old they like to show their age haha. if yours were good or not old etc then glad it didnt do bad bad. It depends on the hose too, vacuum hose over time i think hoses got ozone resistance made into them, but the only reason I mention is im not sure how the small hvac tubing has changed if at all to be ozone resistant. and do not leave any latex anywwhere in your truck, so that condom stash in the glovebox for all the girls may just need to be removed lol
Cant stress it enough but if something is organic in nature like a small plant(why is that in your truck) mold, dead animals, supercharger oil, etc, you dont want it in your truck with ozone going through. its amazing what happens to a latex glove if you leave one on.

If you also breath it in, DO NOT TRY THAT, you learn why it does that.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
just be careful with those rubber hoses because this old they like to show their age haha. if yours were good or not old etc then glad it didnt do bad bad. It depends on the hose too, vacuum hose over time i think hoses got ozone resistance made into them, but the only reason I mention is im not sure how the small hvac tubing has changed if at all to be ozone resistant. and do not leave any latex anywwhere in your truck, so that condom stash in the glovebox for all the girls may just need to be removed lol
Cant stress it enough but if something is organic in nature like a small plant(why is that in your truck) mold, dead animals, supercharger oil, etc, you dont want it in your truck with ozone going through. its amazing what happens to a latex glove if you leave one on.

If you also breath it in, DO NOT TRY THAT, you learn why it does that.
I knew about the breathing it in. One of the guys that use to work at the shop owned a ozone machine, so I learned to hold my breath, turn the thing on and shut the door. Let it sit for a while and ventilate it outside if at all possible. I have to be careful not to get in it until it's ventilated for a bit or my breathing issues will be aggravated and I'll spend the next few days pumping on my inhaler. I knew about plants, I did not know about rubber and latex. We've have put ozone generators on the passenger floor of the car, fired it up, put it on recirc and let it run for an hour or more. It really does kill the odor in the heater, but IDK about what it might do to anything inside the box. Never thought about it before honestly. I'll have to look into that before doing it again!

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
I knew about the breathing it in. One of the guys that use to work at the shop owned a ozone machine, so I learned to hold my breath, turn the thing on and shut the door. Let it sit for a while and ventilate it outside if at all possible. I have to be careful not to get in it until it's ventilated for a bit or my breathing issues will be aggravated and I'll spend the next few days pumping on my inhaler. I knew about plants, I did not know about rubber and latex. We've have put ozone generators on the passenger floor of the car, fired it up, put it on recirc and let it run for an hour or more. It really does kill the odor in the heater, but IDK about what it might do to anything inside the box. Never thought about it before honestly. I'll have to look into that before doing it again!
I have run it for like 8 hours in my f150 its fine.

its the thing to remember is that ozone doesnt permeate surfaces well. Dust, oil, dirt on the hoses? protection. Inside it, if its gum, or petroleum of some kind, the hose itself broken down in a sacrifical layer, its ok. plastics, ducts, etc in the way? fine. if you dont recirc and just do the cabin you can avoid the inside the hose issue if you do the ducts i dont think the ducts themselves have a problem to run into because they use foam to seal things and the rubber is only on actuators and stuff. there is enough air leaks that the pressure inside is not going to start bottling it either, so if its not readily open to allow ozone at it, its gonna just move on and become o2 eventually. and push out of vehicle

this is important to note if you ever clean up mold/fungus somewhere, ozone is good at killing **** yes but if you never touch the buildup on the wall or surface and mechanically break through the biofilm or just simple top layer is maybe killed/neutralized, etc but the stuff under it is still alive and you just fed it.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
I have run it for like 8 hours in my f150 its fine.

its the thing to remember is that ozone doesnt permeate surfaces well. Dust, oil, dirt on the hoses? protection. Inside it, if its gum, or petroleum of some kind, the hose itself broken down in a sacrifical layer, its ok. plastics, ducts, etc in the way? fine. if you dont recirc and just do the cabin you can avoid the inside the hose issue if you do the ducts i dont think the ducts themselves have a problem to run into because they use foam to seal things and the rubber is only on actuators and stuff. there is enough air leaks that the pressure inside is not going to start bottling it either, so if its not readily open to allow ozone at it, its gonna just move on and become o2 eventually. and push out of vehicle

this is important to note if you ever clean up mold/fungus somewhere, ozone is good at killing **** yes but if you never touch the buildup on the wall or surface and mechanically break through the biofilm or just simple top layer is maybe killed/neutralized, etc but the stuff under it is still alive and you just fed it.
So basically what you just said in the last paragraph is more is better?

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
So basically what you just said in the last paragraph is more is better?
No. More is better if you get out a surfacant(antimicrobial cleaners not sanitizers, lysol bathroom cleaner in a spray bottle vs lysol spray can. The cleaner has surfecant the spray can does not, they both can kill things, but the spray needs to access the living and it doesnt break up the fats/oils/lipids/formations so essentialy spraying lysol spray in a mist would be like spraying water on a ceramic coated car. its going to brush it off like.. well it just wont acknowledge you attempted to kill it. Kinda embarassing

Now, if you shot it with the cleaner not the sanitizer, hope, hope your mold isnt andrew jackson

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MixManSC