No temp gauge after swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grandpa Hilljack

Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
My son and I recently put a 383 in our 85. The 305 was getting tired. Before the swap all the gauges worked. Now we have fuel and oil pressure only.
I’ve checked the wire for the temp gauge sending unit and it’s was good on the voltmeter. New sending unit but I guess it could be bad? I tried 2 different gauges and neither came off of cold. Any ideas? Am I missing a ground somewhere? I believe we have them all hooked up. One to the firewall, frame, and alternator.

Grandpa Hilljack

Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Ok I’ll give that a shot. The voltage gauge stopped working too. Ground missing somewhere maybe?

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
Check up under the dash for the instrument panel ground. On a later model truck it should have a grounding block up there, with multiple terminals. Older trucks just grounded to the emergency brake pedal bracket.

Grandpa Hilljack

Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Well it’s fixed now. And embarrassing. The fuse was just blown ‍♂️. Thanks for the responses! I’ll check the easy stuff first next time before posting

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128