no brake lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

isisloki

Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Truck Year
Truck Model
r10
Engine Size
5.7l
hi all i am new to the forums and i look forward to your expert advise. i have recently recieved my 87 r10 5.7l from my dad. he said he was tired of working on it.

after a couple of weeks staring at it in the drive...waiting on funding. i have replaced the sending unit and fuel pump, plugs, wires, oil and all the filters. it runs great!

however new problem no right blinkers even the green dash arrow is out. the left blinks slow and i have no brake lights. headlights work and marker lights work. i have checked for continuity at the brake switch. orange wire is always live and the white wire is live only when the brake pedal is depressed.

i am hoping for some insight on what my problem might be.

X-cabsquarebody

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Truck Year
80, 80, 87, 91
Truck Model
C10, C10 ,K30 , 3500
Engine Size
305 TPI, 454, 8.1
Brake light power goes from the brake light switch on the pedal to the turn signal switch, then to the lights. Possibly the turn signal switch is worn out. Put you foot on the brake and wiggle the turn signal lever, and see if the brake lights flicker.

isisloki

Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Truck Year
Truck Model
r10
Engine Size
5.7l
Thanks for the help I have a new switch but have not torn apart the column yet. And can't say I look forward to it

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
Check/clean/tighten your ground connections.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shake1969