New weatherstripping

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hillbilly

Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 4x4
Engine Size
400sbc
Hey do you have to take regulators off door to get new weatherstrip in the channels?I have no help when I work on truck so I was wandering if it can be done.Have ordered new channel kit.was difficult to get old stripping out it just crumbled to pieces.
Thanks guys

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
No, it's not necessary. You can just feed it down in there. Here's a video demonstrating it.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

If you want to see a disassembly video, there's a part one to that. It's what I used to work with mine.

trukman1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
5.7 L (350)
No, it's not necessary. You can just feed it down in there. Here's a video demonstrating it.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

If you want to see a disassembly video, there's a part one to that. It's what I used to work with mine.

I've watched their video's on You Tube numerous times and never could understand why the cameraman stands behind the tech so you can't see what they're doing! :banghead:

Last edited:

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
So what's your plan? Remove the stripping from the channel kit and install that in the old channels or replace the channels and stripping?

If you're doing the whole ball of wax, use some spray paint to mark ALL of the mounting points of the old channels (or anything else you take off in there) before you remove anything.

Last edited:

maxtwms

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Max
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
For what it's worth, I just did my vent windows along with the window channel. The channel fit right in but the vent window was super frustrating untill I found that silicone spray and some channel-locks with tape around the teeth popped it right in. Just took time. If you're doing the vent, start at the top where you can slide that first inch on to hold in place and then grab a beer and take your time. When you're doing this you'll know what mean. Really rewarding once it's done and all the whistle is gone.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmousseau8