new tool for wire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Here's a new tool I just bought. It's supposed to be for measuring automotive wire but it appears that you'd need to strip the wire before measuring it. I have always tried to look at the wire and guess what size it is. And the automotive wire has a colored covering on it anyway and if you can remember what that is then you don't need a gauge. But my memory isn't as good as it used to be and I've forgotten all that. But here it is anyway for your entertainment. It also has a Mig wire size gauge on the bottom so that might come in handy and a 3" ruler along the side.
It also has a cable size gauge, the larger sizes that might be for gauging your battery cable size I guess.

You must be registered for see images attach

smullen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I6
Here's a new tool I just bought. It's supposed to be for measuring automotive wire but it appears that you'd need to strip the wire before measuring it. I have always tried to look at the wire and guess what size it is. And the automotive wire has a colored covering on it anyway and if you can remember what that is then you don't need a gauge. But my memory isn't as good as it used to be and I've forgotten all that. But here it is anyway for your entertainment. It also has a Mig wire size gauge on the bottom so that might come in handy and a 3" ruler along the side.
It also has a cable size gauge, the larger sizes that might be for gauging your battery cable size I guess.

You must be registered for see images attach

Where can you get one of those?
I'd add that to my tool box.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128