New to the forum with question about 76

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gameovr16

Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Truck Year
Truck Model
c15
Engine Size
Hello from Daytona Beach, I have been searching for years to try and verify what my gpa told me about my 1976 gmc stepside. He was a used car dealer and brought this home for me in 2004. it was a 1 owner that belonged to a farmer. It has a 454, but the vin says it has 350. My gpa told me that the farmer bought it brand new and had the dealership switch out the 350 for the 454. The block year is 1973. Does anyone know of a way to verify this? It liteally has zero rust, not even surface rust any where. I have garage kept it since i got it. It also has a 12 bolt rear end. Is this common? thank you so much in advance.

Last edited:

45tt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
MJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC Sierra Grande K15
Engine Size
Welcome to the forum. I’m just down the road from you in Debary. 76 is one of my favorite years for squares. Post some pics, we’d all love to see it.

I think it may be hard to verify the 454 unless there is some dealer installed documentation/verification to back it up. A lot of dealer upgrades and warranty replacements back then were not that well documented like today’s vehicles electronic trail. Regardless, it sounds like a good setup and you definitely have a keeper.

gameovr16

Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Truck Year
Truck Model
c15
Engine Size
Welcome to the forum. I’m just down the road from you in Debary. 76 is one of my favorite years for squares. Post some pics, we’d all love to see it.

I think it may be hard to verify the 454 unless there is some dealer installed documentation/verification to back it up. A lot of dealer upgrades and warranty replacements back then were not that well documented like today’s vehicles electronic trail. Regardless, it sounds like a good setup and you definitely have a keeper.
would you happen to know how common the 12 bolt rear end is?

1973c10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Welcome aboard
You must be registered for see images attach

Corvette Ed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eli
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Welcome aboard. I like that color on your truck that’s very popular here in Tennessee.:)

animal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 silverado
Engine Size
350ish
:welcome:

dvdswan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Welcome to the site. Seeing how it had provisions for a headliner it may be a Cheyenne pkg but the dealer could have installed that too.

Does it still have the SPID in the glovebox?

gameovr16

Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Truck Year
Truck Model
c15
Engine Size
Welcome aboard. I like that color on your truck that’s very popular here in Tennessee.:)
lol it was red. Im a huge tennessee fan. Im from arkansas but been a vols since peyton manning. Vols colors work so well on classics. I got the vols front plate on there too jus hard to see.

gameovr16

Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Truck Year
Truck Model
c15
Engine Size
Welcome to the site. Seeing how it had provisions for a headliner it may be a Cheyenne pkg but the dealer could have installed that too.

Does it still have the SPID in the glovebox?
No spid. All the emblems are high sierra. It has power steering and power breaks. No a/c. 12 bolt rear end.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84