New Stepside Bed - Anyone assembled one from new parts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dhenderz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I've gotten to the point in the K10's resto that it is time to think about the stepside bed. There's really not much to save from the original because of the rust and rotted (wood) floor. I do have 2 fenders that came with the truck. They are OEM and only have surface rust. So I will blast those and use them. But the rest of the bed is in tough shape.

Similar to the cab resto parts, I am comparing the various aftermarket part suppliers. Interesting that so far only 2 companies carry the stepside bed sides - LMC & Brothers. None of the others seem to carry them (FixMyRust, Topbanana, NPD, AMD). And they are expensive ($450each @ Brothers and $520each @ LMC). The rest of the bed parts (front panel, cross rails, tailgate, etc) are pretty widely available.

So my question is - have anyone assembled a completely new stepside bed using these aftermarket parts? How did it go together? Is the fitment any better (ie: really questionable) than the other typical re-pop parts?

Preston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Preston
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I think LMC has a video of them putting one together seems pretty simple and of course if it will work in your budget there is no rust to fight with, I have a 68 short bed stepside with all new fenders and tailgate. Mine has aluminum diamond plate floor too but it doesn’t have enough weight in it, rides a little rough.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Check Mar-K.com. they reproduce everything for the stepsides except the fenders.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Twistedgmt400