New Steering Gear Leaking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dhenderz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I installed the new (rebuilt) steering gear shown below in the 77 K10. Truck now has 33 miles on it. And the steering gear is already leaking out of the front cover (second photo - this isn't the leaking one, just a reference pic I found). Is this a common occurrence? I guess I may have to contact Lares and see just how good they are with their lifetime warranty. Kinda wishing I would have gone with the new one now v. the rebuilt one. But if memory serves, back when I ordered this, the new ones were out of stock.

You must be registered for see images attach

Octane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I installed the new (rebuilt) steering gear shown below in the 77 K10. Truck now has 33 miles on it. And the steering gear is already leaking out of the front cover (second photo - this isn't the leaking one, just a reference pic I found). Is this a common occurrence? I guess I may have to contact Lares and see just how good they are with their lifetime warranty. Kinda wishing I would have gone with the new one now v. the rebuilt one. But if memory serves, back when I ordered this, the new ones were out of stock.

I would certainly exchange it.I have a 77k10 also,original steering too. Amazing that the seals have lasted 40 years.Just replaced the front pinion seal this year on mine

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MixManSC