NEW Side Saddle Fuel Tank Brackets w/ Straps.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
I am working on installing a second side tank on my 1984 C20, I needed a new gas tank carrier and straps. LMC no longer has the carriers available, so I managed to have them shipping in though a local supplier, but I accidentally ordered 2 sets, as in enough to do two gas tanks. I'm not planning to need the second set, and the company I bought them through wants a restocking fee, which I can do if needed but thought I'd offer them to you guys first. Price would be $159, plus shipping, that's, one front carrier, one rear carrier, and two straps (tank not included), but it's enough to install one tank. If you are interested let me know!

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
I should add that the $159 price is what I paid. I have two weeks, if no one wants them here I'll pay the restocking fee and return then, but thought I'd offer them here first

Sent from my damn phone using Tapatalk

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Those are very hard to come by and find. I wouldn't give up your source until you sell yours first. I'd try to hit up the Square Body Nation, and the many other Squarebody Classifieds on FB along with Marketplace. Might even get you a local buyer that won't need shipping.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
For anyone who needs to know, these brackets will fit all year pick ups, 1/2 ton through 1 ton, and fit either side right or left and 16 or 20 gallon tanks in long bed or short bed.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
@HotRodPC I knew from getting the set I have that they weren't easy to find new, but didn't realize. The place I got them from (for now I won't mention the name), but for anyone wondering it is a local wholesale only auto supply company so you'd have to own or work at a shop in the area to buy from them. Thanks for the other tips as well. Since I'm not dyeing for the money back I'll leave them up here, for a while, before exploring other avenues.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
So you got pretty lucky to find them then. I'm not sure of anyone that get's them new now days. I've done OK selling used ones on eBay.

Last edited:

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
I still have these and are still available for sale if anyone is interested. I have to make a decision on Monday the 12th if I'm going to return them and eat the restocking fee or list them elsewhere, for now you guys are the only ones I'm offering these to. Again I'm only selling them for what I paid. If you want to make me an offer, I'll likely sell them for a little less if your offer is less than the restocking fee.

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
HotRodPC,

I am completely unknowledgeable in how to even go about buying something off this kind of sites. I'm looking at possibly buying a steering column from a member. So long as it's not a complicated process requiring a new computer OS, I'm running XP Pro with all the current OS and security upgrades, i.e. "VPN" router, etc. I may be able to do it. I told the member that unless he's bought stuff before here, we need to find out, what is the process of making contact with a member here and do all the communicating in person? Because of all the security protecting people's identity and secure info, etc. I can't even figure out how ya'll do it. Would you please explain?

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
HotRodPC,

I am completely unknowledgeable in how to even go about buying something off this kind of sites. I'm looking at possibly buying a steering column from a member. So long as it's not a complicated process requiring a new computer OS, I'm running XP Pro with all the current OS and security upgrades, i.e. "VPN" router, etc. I may be able to do it. I told the member that unless he's bought stuff before here, we need to find out, what is the process of making contact with a member here and do all the communicating in person? Because of all the security protecting people's identity and secure info, etc. I can't even figure out how ya'll do it. Would you please explain?

I have bought from a member before and all we did was exchange info via PM, and I paid him via paypal before he shipped my stuff. Pretty simple, but you have to trust the other member, if you don't then you probably shouldn't be buying from someone on the site.

By the way my tank brackets are still available. I'm going to put them on E-bay pretty soon if there are no takers here in the next week or so.

fast68chevy

I am the original fast68chevy
Reaction score
First Name
RANDY
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
my RH side 20 gallon tank with the mounting frame brackets and straps, the whole entire thing good nice solid, i just gave it all away, for only 40 bucks.. ab out a week ago or so,, hmm.. i was actually hoping to maybe trade for clutch link parts or for 56" rear stock pack of leaves but there was nothing or no one like that happening,, and the tank was taking up space here,,, hmm.. i tried... at least the parts are going back on a truck i this immediate area, and are not gonna be wasted, hmm..

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
my RH side 20 gallon tank with the mounting frame brackets and straps, the whole entire thing good nice solid, i just gave it all away, for only 40 bucks.. ab out a week ago or so,, hmm.. i was actually hoping to maybe trade for clutch link parts or for 56" rear stock pack of leaves but there was nothing or no one like that happening,, and the tank was taking up space here,,, hmm.. i tried... at least the parts are going back on a truck i this immediate area, and are not gonna be wasted, hmm..
Was it a 1 tank truck or dual?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL