New member to the forum, long time Square body enthusiasts.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Forcmeister

Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
I've owned a few different square body pick ups in the past a couple c10s,my current one being a 83 c20. Love driving this truck. It has a little over a hundred thousand miles on it , being from the mid west it does have some rust but all in all it is a solid truck. One thing I love about these trucks is that I'm able to do most the work to them. Well I'm reaching out to you guys because I'm stumped. Until recently my truck has been running solid. It started to have some issues with hard starts and stalling. I replaced the carburetor and that seems to have taken care of the stalling problem . But, now when you drive the truck it winds out when shifting from first to second. What I'm wondering is the way the transmission acting have anything to do with swapping out the carburetor or is my transmission going bad and it just happened to pick now to get worse?

TubeTruck

I'm from Boston. Deal with it.
Reaction score
First Name
Denis
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K10
Engine Size
LQ9
TH350?

Check your vacuum line to the transmission. It should go from the intake, just behind the carb, down to the transmission on the passenger side. I know my rubber hose dries out and cracks every few months and it does the same thing.

If it's a 700r4 those are a TV cable and it might need adjustment or replacement.

86 SCOTTSDALE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Armand
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Welcome from Mass. Did you verify the transmission throttle valve cable adjustment was set for the new carburetor?

dusterdude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
gmc c15
Engine Size
Welcome

Sent from my LM-X420 using Tapatalk

animal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 silverado
Engine Size
350ish
:welcome:

Forcmeister

Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
TH350?

Check your vacuum line to the transmission. It should go from the intake, just behind the carb, down to the transmission on the passenger side. I know my rubber hose dries out and cracks every few months and it does the same thing.

If it's a 700r4 those are a TV cable and it might need adjustment or replacement.

Thank you for your input. I found out I do have a 700r4. I checked the detent cable, it was too tight ,so I pushed the button to adjust it, giving it more slack, now it seems to be shifting much better. I knew it had to do something with swapping out the carburetor

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigRed82k20