New member 76 C20 3/4 ton 2 wheel drive 2/4" lowering options,pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RGV250F3

Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Hello people,
I just picked this up, she isn't the slickest truck to start with, but i am going to make it look good. It will get everything blacked, out, tinted windows, 2/4" drop. I want to be able to load a couple road race bikes, gear, head to the track, take the dirt bikes out, and be able to tow. . So i was thinking 2/4" drop, otherwise i would love to slam it.
This is a custom deluxe base C20 truck. Willoway Green, 2 whl. 8 lug, 3/4ton 350 4 barrel, TH350 Trans. Lucky enough it has a GM Goodwrench motor, i got her running, smooth, quiet.. i will do 17" black steel wheels, looking to achieve a Nastruck look.
Please advise on the kit i should run. I have searched online i dont want to flip the rear axle, or notch the frame, I want to keep the hauling capacity.
Please post pics if you have a similar C20 with 2/4 drop. Thx...
You must be registered for see images attach

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Thx man..
my gfs friend had it parked out ft of there house for many years. So ended up buying it. Gf is into it, and wants to help out on the revival..
I cant help with pics as my c10 is stock height. I like the D window idea, always liked them. Also like how cali trucks are rust free and mines rotting to the ground.

animal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 silverado
Engine Size
350ish
:welcome:

RGV250F3

Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
I cant help with pics as my c10 is stock height. I like the D window idea, always liked them. Also like how cali trucks are rust free and mines rotting to the ground.

Hey,
just some surface cancer, not as bad as i. originally thought.

RGV250F3

Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size

RGV250F3

Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
That badass Dually, pulling a cargo trailer looks slammed, i imagine the frame is notched, you are still able to pull a heavy trailer?

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
That badass Dually, pulling a cargo trailer looks slammed, i imagine the frame is notched, you are still able to pull a heavy trailer?
I have dropped spindles and drop springs, the rear is notched with an axle flip and airbags but it's a 6/8 drop. I am going to change the Belltech spindles for Western Chassis spindles one of these days because the tie rod comes up from the bottom with the Belltech and you get some bump steer.

That trailer is probably 5000 pounds with the stuff in it and it pulls fine. I just put a little air in the bags and I'm good to go.

RGV250F3

Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
I have dropped spindles and drop springs, the rear is notched with an axle flip and airbags but it's a 6/8 drop. I am going to change the Belltech spindles for Western Chassis spindles one of these days because the tie rod comes up from the bottom with the Belltech and you get some bump steer.

That trailer is probably 5000 pounds with the stuff in it and it pulls fine. I just put a little air in the bags and I'm good to go.
Good info, thx for sharing. I just love these square Chevy's dropped.. not into the 20" wheel look, more or less, like dropped with oem , or similar wheels.

runner88

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Cheyenne
Engine Size
What are the options if our rear shocks are on the outside of the frame rails?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmousseau8