New interior upgrades!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maxtwms

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Max
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Just bought all kinds of stuff since I've been eyeing it and I'll ask for forgiveness later.

Wife kids are asleep, living with inlaws 'cause I sold our house for good money, got that money in MY account.... Hehe

I got a blah red custom deluxe interior. I already replaced all weatherstripping and painted door/kick panels black. Replaced the vinyl flooring with carpet. New LEDs in the dash and elsewhere. So check this out.

This BA steering wheel, and (I don't know if y'all remember how legit soundstream was back in the day. It was a low key contender like Clarion) this awesome 12" sub with built in amp I'm super excited about, and then the black seat cover from usa1industries. The picture will hopefully look like mine, minus pwr options.

What y'all think? I'm pretty stoked but feel free to rain down. I'll try to take some BaA pics/vids
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

maxtwms

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Max
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Btw I'll take a pic of my seat cloth I have now. It's in damn good shape, just wanna change the color. Make an offer and I'll ship. $100?

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
That interior will look good, and that steering wheel looks pretty nice. Most of the aftermarket ones look the same to me so, in my opinion, trying to make the interior sportier or more muscular ends up making it look more vanilla, but that one is different in a good way. I’m not really a sub guy so I’ll let the others gander and comment.

rpcraft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
LS 6.0 364 CID
Nice looking wheel. Might be a candidate for the Warpig!!! I do tend to stick with the rubber like material coated wheels though. Cold and extreme hot tend to be hard on the fingers and being able to steer in either is kind of nice.

dvdswan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
The steering wheel looks awesome, very cool design. Speaker box would be nice but I have no room behind my seats because they're buckets. I can barely fit a tool case and jumper cables back there . (1 behind each seat).

maxtwms

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Max
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I just found out the steering wheel was in high gloss so I cancelled to get a natural finish. I have worried about heat though. I justified that it looks badass and maybe no gloss would help.

I don't want to be obnoxious with bass either, but a bit to fill out my tunes would be nice. I like that the amp is built in and the base is only 8 inches. That fits even with the seat all the way back

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
Cold and extreme hot tend to be hard on the fingers and being able to steer in either is kind of nice.

I agree here 100%, but as a side question what do you call cold in tx? lol

Nice scores @maxtwms I just did the whole order first ask second thing for some swap parts I need. I guess if either one of us disappear from the forum for a bit we'll know how that went.

I'm not a fan of powered subs but with space being a premium its worth considering. The gray and red combo look awesome, definitely post some pics up.

rpcraft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
LS 6.0 364 CID
I agree here 100%, but as a side question what do you call cold in tx? lol

Nice scores @maxtwms I just did the whole order first ask second thing for some swap parts I need. I guess if either one of us disappear from the forum for a bit we'll know how that went.

I'm not a fan of powered subs but with space being a premium its worth considering. The gray and red combo look awesome, definitely post some pics up.

There are points where it gets into the teens (once in a great while it gets worse), and ice on the road.. Never really worried about too much because of gloves and then i think the last time i had snow and needed to drive in it was in the late 90's down in Central TX but extreme heat is more the issue overall. I don't even leave my sunglasses in the truck without sticking them inside something that hides them from the sunlight. I left my walled on the dash of my Frontier one day about 3 weeks ago and my credit cards still are not working 100 % correctly if you know what I mean.

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
There are points where it gets into the teens (once in a great while it gets worse), and ice on the road.. Never really worried about too much because of gloves and then i think the last time i had snow and needed to drive in it was in the late 90's down in Central TX but extreme heat is more the issue overall. I don't even leave my sunglasses in the truck without sticking them inside something that hides them from the sunlight. I left my walled on the dash of my Frontier one day about 3 weeks ago and my credit cards still are not working 100 % correctly if you know what I mean.

I know the heat gets bad down there but wow I didnt know it went down into the teens sometimes. Thats no fun at all. Even the temperature swings are bigger in Texas.

rpcraft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
LS 6.0 364 CID
I know the heat gets bad down there but wow I didnt know it went down into the teens sometimes. Thats no fun at all. Even the temperature swings are bigger in Texas.

It's funny, sometimes in the spring and late fall i get sick of riding the bikes because it will be 39 in the morning and then mid 80's on the ride home and it starts to become a pain in the ass figuring out what gear to ride in just so I don't have heat stroke on the way home but I am a big **** when it comes to cold..

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
By the way, @maxtwms, I think @73c20jim needs a factory steering wheel so maybe you guys could get together on something if yours is still up to par.

maxtwms

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Max
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
By the way, @maxtwms, I think @73c20jim needs a factory steering wheel so maybe you guys could get together on something if yours is still up to par.
I'll ship it to him for free but unfortunately, it's an old grant.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
I gotcha. I think someone has a pile of factory steering wheels so he might go with that.

maxtwms

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Max
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Here's a dirty before..

Anyone need the old seat upholstery? It's actually in pretty good shape, just want a different color. It's not stretched, I just didn't clip it back after fixing a spring.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
I am interested in the seat upholstery, but on a bit of a budget. Not sure if can drop the money on the seat with the motor work ahead.

Here's a dirty before..

Anyone need the old seat upholstery? It's actually in pretty good shape, just want a different color. It's not stretched, I just didn't clip it back after fixing a spring.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84