New door panel and dash, best quality?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigRedMachine

Reaction score
First Name
Jarrell
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
What brand/company makes the best quality door panels and dash pad. Best materials, fit, finish, etc... Thanks. I just don't want to mess with something that looks cheap and never quite fits well. The more American made the better. Please give recommendations especially if you have the product yourself!

CaliDude76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Truck Year
Nineteen Eighty Four
Truck Model
C-Ten (Custom Deluxe)
Engine Size
Three Fifty
I just got a set of door panels from LMC...good fit to me. Quality is pretty good too.
The only draw back for me was the fact that you had to buy the armrests seperate. You can have them dyed with basic colors if you wish too

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
I'm going with USA1 Interiors for my dash pad as it has metal substructure and they have Charcoal. For door panels, the only company I found that makes OEM Silverado style panels for 81 and up is Coverlay. The panels include arm rests and cloth inserts, but I won't use that part as I don't like the look. I can dye my existing inserts and buy new Silverado trim for the upper door.

Of all places, Rockauto has them the cheapest at $270 for the pair.

You must be registered for see images

texasmike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I purchased the complete interior kit from USA1 Industries, made in the USA, and it is absolutely beautiful. It is pricey but includes everything, except trim pieces, and is totally original looking. Check it out.

BigRedMachine

Reaction score
First Name
Jarrell
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Thanks for the replies everyone. I went with LMC panels and hardware. The hardware looks good. I also got new levers for doors and the bezel trim that goes over handle/lever. The panels themselves are a hard plastic that should last. None of the holes for trim across top or pull strap are there and you cut opening for switches. About an hr prep time per door panel and you are close to being done, then you mount all your straps, trim and switches. It does come with a window felt mounted and the little ring/trim for the door lock knobs. The panel set is $170. One of the panels looks like it was dropped before shipping, lots of dings, I guess I can find some touch up paint. I'll post pics once I get them installed.

Josh Helm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
josh
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
5.7 vortec
Omg is what I purchased as well ... although I would ad a a few from back side of armrest towards the dash ... we're there is a alignment pin ... they tend to work there way up over time ... their dash pad was good for fitment ... but quality wasn't the best ... scratched super easy... and I swapped to blue interior and of course they died a white dash blue... so ever scratch is highlighted ... my thoughts

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adriank