New Charcoal Canister and Idle Change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
If you have a clogged vapor canister, would it not be possible that when you get a new one and blip the throttle that more fumes would enter the carb then what was happening previously?

Also, the question mark at the end of my statement that you quoted kinda implied that I was just throwing an idea out there. Thanks for helping the guy

My reasoning would be for a malfunctioning canister. So yeah, it wouldn’t really be working the way it was intended..
I misspoke and I apologize. You're correct that at idle (high vacuum) the pot opens and allows the fumes in the cannister and the fuel tank to be sucked into the air cleaner.

This is exactly opposite of the pcv, which is what I was thinking. Pcv is only supposed to open at low vacuum to prevent diluting the air/fuel mixture and causing a rough idle.
I stand corrected.

Squirrely Brother

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Supposedly, with emissions no longer present, this is how it should be hooked up (picture below). Not so sure about the additional filter. I didn’t use one. But I did use a vacuum gauge and it pulled enough to remove the fumes. It worked for my need and my truck doesn’t smell like raw gas since changing out the canister.

Attachments

• AD5DB54A-EA33-4BA3-96F9-2A32E150F3F5.jpeg
    AD5DB54A-EA33-4BA3-96F9-2A32E150F3F5.jpeg
    87.1 KB · Views: 49

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laqota