New blower motor shot??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Taylorb27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
So I’ve had a terrible, very loud squealing noise coming from what seems to be the blow motor. It’s not a constant squeal but when it chirps it hits loud and hard, can here it a few blocks away lol well I figured i just needed a new blower and that was that. Put the new blower in tonight and it’s making the same dang noise. I looked over the inside of the hole and nothing seemed to be rubbing or anything.
Tomorrow I will hook it up outside the vehicle and see if it is in fact the blower. The fact that I have the same exact intermittent noise seems a little odd to have on back to back blowers. I’ll also try to catch a video of it

Charlie

Mopar by Birth. Chevy by Choice.
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
Cheyenne 10 LWB
Engine Size
350/TH350/AC/4 BBL Quadrajet
There is the probability a new one can be bad. After market parts are sometimes that way. As you mentioned, removing and testing could tell the story.

Good luck.

Taylorb27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
There is the probability a new one can be bad. After market parts are sometimes that way. As you mentioned, removing and testing could tell the story.

Good luck.

I just went out to flip the fan on quick and now it’s a constant high pitched squeal just like every bad blower I’ve ever heard. Hit the blower a couple times and it changed its pitch. So I guess I’m going to try a second one from the local parts store. I have a video but I’m not sure how to upload from my library

Taylorb27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Just a quick update, I guess I got unlucky on the new parts lottery the first time. Parts store replaced it and now this one blows nice and quietly.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
I completely missunderstood the title! I was expecting to see a blown sbc "blower" motor lol :emotions34::shrug:

Taylorb27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach
I completely missunderstood the title! I was expecting to see a blown sbc "blower" motor lol :emotions34::shrug:

I guess I’m lucky I was only having heater blower issues haha! although the junkyard 5.3 I’m planning to throw in and boost is showing it’s mileage more the farther I dig in, close enough?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84