Needs some part #'s :

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fussfeld

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
j
Truck Year
Truck Model
c-10
Engine Size
4.3 v-6 262CID
You must be registered for see images attach

These are the 87 and up centerbolt valve covers. i'm ASSuming v-8 SBC is the same as 4.3 v-6 (i have the v-6).

1) The oil hole grommet AND a cap that will fit into that grommet are the most important now.

2) The hole that would normally have a hose coming out of it and going into the air cleaner housing is secondary----i put the pcv filter than normally sits inside the air cleaner housing into this hole---it fits. So, that is not as high a priority now. Although i would like a stand-alone breather as the solution.

3) The current setup is/was tin foil in the oil hole. Then the original oil fill tube in the oil hole. And the pcv filter in the pcv hole as describe above in #2.

There seems to be oil leaking onto the top on the valve cover; i would assume that either one or both of the original grommets (from 86) just need to be replaced; Even IF the valve cover gasket is leaking, which it isn't, i don't see how else oil can get on top of the valve cover?

4) Prefer OEM GM, but have no problem with aftermarket provided a) it works and b) works as good as if not better than stock OEM.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL