need recomdation for custom LS swap harness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blackbeard44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
6.0 LS
Looking for an honest company to build me a custom motor and trans harness for my 1985 LS swapped K 20.

has anyone here had a harness made and thought it was good quality??

I have looked at summit racing and painless wiring stuff, but I would like an extra OBD port for the dakota digital gauges to plug into.

any recommendations are greatly appreciated.THANKS

Blackbeard44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
6.0 LS
I looked in the Summit catalog and low and behold Painless Wiring makes them,by reading the generic description in Summit I was very weary of ordering one, I gave Painless a call and got a very knowledgeble tech person and the wiring harness I wanted does come with trans wiring, fan relays, tac module to pedal, and injector subharness. and as an added bonus the wires are labeled :)

just though I would give everone an update in case you were interested

Blackbeard44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
6.0 LS
pretty much have the harness installed, but there is a few diffenences, the neutral safety switch I had on my stock trans is different, it has only 1 connector, the harness requires 2 connector style, and the O2 sensors are different which has me a lil concerned, not sure if I am goimg to splice the old plugs onto the new harness or buy new ones, I am nervous motor will not run right without some sort of tune if I change to a different O2 sensor, but other than that It is not hard at all to swap the motor harness, today I am going to be work on cruise control wiring.

You must be registered for see images attach

Kelvin

Reaction score
First Name
Kelvin
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban 2500
Engine Size
5.3L
pretty much have the harness installed, but there is a few diffenences, the neutral safety switch I had on my stock trans is different, it has only 1 connector, the harness requires 2 connector style, and the O2 sensors are different which has me a lil concerned, not sure if I am goimg to splice the old plugs onto the new harness or buy new ones, I am nervous motor will not run right without some sort of tune if I change to a different O2 sensor, but other than that It is not hard at all to swap the motor harness, today I am going to be work on cruise control wiring.

You must be registered for see images attach
Your motor doesn't care what gear its in. Does the truck not have neutral cutout for the starter already? If so you dont need that plug at all.

Blackbeard44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
6.0 LS
The PNP switch on a 4L60E has alot going.
it lets the computer know what gear its in to control the TCC.
provides another circuit for back up lights.
and sends signal to the dakota digital gauge cluster so it can show what gear it in.

I think it also has an affect on timing/idle adjustments as well, the motor did idle higher without it plugged in

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BryantRiverRat