Need direction as to where to buy this

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I have seen these online but they never mentioned an 85 K20 application and usually said "for disc brakes". All 4 or just the 2 I have? And every one I see is brass....these cast iron?

Either way.....need to know where to get the correct / good brand of these. Saw a couple made in Viet Nam....will pass on those.

You must be registered for see images attach

Thanks fellas.

C10MixMaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG10
Engine Size
ZZ4 350

Bigjake

Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC Sierra 1500
Engine Size
350 v8
Vietnam is actually far superior than China in most things.Not sure about car parts but we have a vietnamese employee and she fills us in on these things. Flower pots for example, made in Vietnam may be left outside through winter. Chinese pots will break. They hold themselves to a much higher standard. For all its worth.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Those very rarely go bad. I wouldn't be afraid to get a used from one of us and trust it. I assume yours is leaking and why you're replacing it?

Many times guys will think these are bad when they just need a reset. To reset them, you pretty much just bleed your brakes and it will cause the valve to swing and go back to it's happy home by the time you're done. Occasionally they'll get a hung up, but the bleeding brakes usually is enough force to make it move again and it's good for many more years.

Being they rarely go bad is probably why they're hard to find. Discount Auto Parts only like to stock what they can sell a million of every year. These things would sit on their shelves for years and years.

TubeTruck

I'm from Boston. Deal with it.
Reaction score
First Name
Denis
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K10
Engine Size
LQ9
Mine was bad on my '75. I couldn't bleed the rear brakes, and yes, I reset it. I pulled the line to the rear brakes and stuck a paper clip in to push the needle back, let it sit overnight and it never dripped. I had installed a brand new master, which bench bled fine, and all brand new copper/nickel lines so I knew that wasn't the problem. I bought one from carolina classic trucks and that did the same thing. Everything I was reading online said many of the new ones are junk out of the box. I ended up tee-ing the front brakes and installed a Willwood adjustable proportioning valve for the rear and it worked fine.

curbstone mech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
allen
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
Vietnam is actually far superior than China in most things.Not sure about car parts but we have a vietnamese employee and she fills us in on these things. Flower pots for example, made in Vietnam may be left outside through winter. Chinese pots will break. They hold themselves to a much higher standard. For all its worth.
I just purchased a new bedroom suite and was surprised to see that it was manufactured in Nam.The quality was actually better than I expected