1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need direction as to where to buy this

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering & Brakes' started by Doppleganger, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Supporting Member Supporting Member

First Name:
    Chris
    Truck Year:
    Truck Model:
    K20
    Engine Size:
    I have seen these online but they never mentioned an 85 K20 application and usually said "for disc brakes". All 4 or just the 2 I have? And every one I see is brass....these cast iron?

Either way.....need to know where to get the correct / good brand of these. Saw a couple made in Viet Nam....will pass on those.

P1030970x.jpg

Thanks fellas.

2. C10MixMaster

C10MixMaster Full Access Member

First Name:
    Ben
    Truck Year:
    Truck Model:
    C10 BIG10
    Engine Size:
  3. Frankenchevy

Frankenchevy . Supporting Member

First Name:
    Jeremy
    Truck Year:
    old
    Truck Model:
    pickup
    Engine Size:
    8 cylinder
  4. Bigjake

Bigjake Junior Member

First Name:
    John
    Truck Year:
    Truck Model:
    GMC Sierra 1500
    Engine Size:
    350 v8
    Vietnam is actually far superior than China in most things.Not sure about car parts but we have a vietnamese employee and she fills us in on these things. Flower pots for example, made in Vietnam may be left outside through winter. Chinese pots will break. They hold themselves to a much higher standard. For all its worth.

curbstone mech likes this.
  5. HotRodPC

HotRodPC Administrator Staff Member

First Name:
    HotRod
    Truck Year:
    Truck Model:
    Silverado K10 to K20 Conversion
    Engine Size:
    6.2 to Gas???
    Those very rarely go bad. I wouldn't be afraid to get a used from one of us and trust it. I assume yours is leaking and why you're replacing it?

Many times guys will think these are bad when they just need a reset. To reset them, you pretty much just bleed your brakes and it will cause the valve to swing and go back to it's happy home by the time you're done. Occasionally they'll get a hung up, but the bleeding brakes usually is enough force to make it move again and it's good for many more years.

Being they rarely go bad is probably why they're hard to find. Discount Auto Parts only like to stock what they can sell a million of every year. These things would sit on their shelves for years and years.

Snoots likes this.
  6. TubeTruck

TubeTruck Full Access Member

First Name:
    Denis
    Truck Year:
    1978, 1975
    Truck Model:
    Suburban K10, GMC K15
    Engine Size:
    350ci
    Mine was bad on my '75. I couldn't bleed the rear brakes, and yes, I reset it. I pulled the line to the rear brakes and stuck a paper clip in to push the needle back, let it sit overnight and it never dripped. I had installed a brand new master, which bench bled fine, and all brand new copper/nickel lines so I knew that wasn't the problem. I bought one from carolina classic trucks and that did the same thing. Everything I was reading online said many of the new ones are junk out of the box. I ended up tee-ing the front brakes and installed a Willwood adjustable proportioning valve for the rear and it worked fine.

7. curbstone mech

curbstone mech Supporting Member Supporting Member

First Name:
    allen
    Truck Year:
    Truck Model:
    k20
    Engine Size:
    I just purchased a new bedroom suite and was surprised to see that it was manufactured in Nam.The quality was actually better than I expected