NC members - anyone know a good paint/body shop?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Hey all. I'm finally getting around to getting some body work and repainting done. I live in Charlotte, NC. Does anyone know of a good paint and body shop within a couple hours of Charlotte? There are a few restoration places in town, but I figure I may have better luck with a place outside the city. I'm suspecting that any placed with the word "restoration" in their name might add a couple thousand to the price right off the bat, although I am going to get estimates.

I need to get a few rust spots fixed and get the whole thing painted. Not looking for showroom, just good work that'll make it look more or less like it came from the factory all those years ago. Thanks!

Big Ray

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
I'm over on the coast...I got nothing...

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
As crazy and lame as this sounds - look to see if there are any Maaco's around and what their ratings are. They vary shop to shop and some are actually very good. There is two about 2-3 hrs from me that are very highly rated. For vehicles I was DD'ing, I never minded them as they passed the 5ft test and if I got a nick or chip, it didn't put me in a fetal position.

Just a thought.

Skippy969

Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC
Engine Size
As crazy and lame as this sounds - look to see if there are any Maaco's around and what their ratings are. They vary shop to shop and some are actually very good. There is two about 2-3 hrs from me that are very highly rated. For vehicles I was DD'ing, I never minded them as they passed the 5ft test and if I got a nick or chip, it didn't put me in a fetal position.

Just a thought.
Does maaco do base coat/ clear coat? I thought they just did Acrylic enamal.

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Does maaco do base coat/ clear coat? I thought they just did Acrylic enamal.
They'll do whatever you need or want. They have 'levels' and iirc, the lower ones are enamel - the higher ones are base/clear. There was a local one here I used for my DDs. Was a great paint job - passed the 10ft test, and if I got a ding or chip, I didn't curl up into a fetal position like I would with a $5-10k job.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
83elcowes