My pair....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Paint guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
I still don't have my C10, although it looks like I may have a deal on one. When I do get it I will start a thread on it along with my plans on the build.

In the mean time I thought I would share my two other toys. First up is my 55 Chevy BelAir. I built this car with my dad when I was just 17 and a senior in high school back in 1986-87. We decided t build it as a early 60's style mild custom. The car was finished the night before my senior prom allowing me to take my then girlfriend in style. The car was sold back in 1990. In 2008 I started looking for the car, and after a long period of time I was able to track down the very same car in southern Florida. I bought it back in December of 2015. Same car, same paint and interior.

You must be registered for see images attach

My youngest daughter has been raised going to cruises and shows with me and has the bug. So I decided to build a car for her to drive and be able to go along with me to different events in her own car. I stumbled on a mostly rust free Ford Maverick that had been in a friends garage for 19 years! Once I expressed interest in building it he Gave me the car. The original plan, about $5k in money along with paint and an engine. Well I blew that figure by multiples. In fact dad got so carried away she won't drive the car. She knows of the time and love put into it and is now afraid she will be the one to damage it in some way. I built this car in my back yard garage with roughly 2200 labor hours into it.

And this now leads us to hear. Where my daughter is asking for a square body to be her toy! Hope you like my toys, and I will be here sharing the new one soon.

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
Jesus, wanna spend time on my Suburban? Lol

Those are museum beautiful.

You do phenomenal work!

Last edited:

Paint guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
Jesus, wanna fund my Suburban? Lol

Those are museum beautiful.

You do phenomenal work!
Lol..... Funny part is that I don't have s ton of cash in the Maverick. Lots and lots of labor in the garage though. Spent my whole career doing collision/restoration work though. Thanks,

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
Lol..... Funny part is that I don't have s ton of cash in the Maverick. Lots and lots of labor in the garage though. Spent my whole career doing collision/restoration work though. Thanks,

I dont need the $(I didn't word it right earlier), the labor is exactly what I was referring to.

You have talent.

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
Quarters, drivers wheel arch, and rockers.

Its just an old daily/offroad rig, and I am still afraid to tackle any body work( I swapped my dented doors). Lol

Dont ever sell yourself short, you have some damn talent. I will turn any wrench, but body work is another animal.

Last edited:

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Beautiful cars. My older brother had a black bel-aire 4dr for a long time. Love the lines on the '55 models. Are those Cadillac hubcaps I see?

dvdswan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Great looking set of cars. Thanks for sharing.

donnieray

Talks to dogs and trucks.
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Truck Year
Truck Model
86 C10, 84 K10 MM7 NP833 option truck, 85 K10.
Engine Size
350,355;350.
Nice cars, I'm sure the C10 will be as fine. Build her a driver!

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
Whoa that Tri-Five. I’d love to have me one of those, but they’re more than I can afford being a currently unemployed college grad. The Maverick is cool. I’ve got a picture of one on my fridge. I’d get into one of those even though it’s a you know what.

Paint guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
Thanks for the kind words fella's. The 55 is fun and for obvious reason near and dear to my heart. While it looks great in the pictures it has its battle scars and is showing its age. Been on the road since 1987 with that paint and interior. That very car is what led me into the collision industry as a body/paint guy. I have worked my way through the ranks and have done it all. well, most of it. I have met and made friends with some of the industries best and most amazing people. I am lucky enough to call Charley Hutton ( from Boyd Coddington's American Hot Rod show) a great friend. I am now a training instructor for the PPG paint company. So if you happen to have any technical questions about paint I'm your guy. I know a lot about PPG, but will refrain from steering anyone in that direction. All major paint companies make good products.

The C10 I am getting needs work. typical New England truck. But for the price I could not pass it up. An 86 Silverado that is Black with a red gut, V8 loaded, standard cab short bed for super cheap. I will do what it needs to make it super safe for her to drive. Do up the body and paint it something cool. But it will NOT be done as a show vehicle, but a cool driver for a teenage girl.

Glenn

K201979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Hippie
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
350ci
Very nice! I cant wait to see the c10.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
I like the Maverick. Both look great

TerryRH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
350ci
Maybe I need to come take some learning tips from you!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sriddle36