My other toys II

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mad gimp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wade
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
This is the 84 cutlass im building for the wife to race/cruise.

You must be registered for see images attach

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I really like your toys. I also dig the Celebrity steering wheel.

Is that the original console for the car? I have one from a late 70's Delta 88 coupe, pretty sure it looks just like that one. But it's been a while since I looked at it.

Mad gimp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wade
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
I really like your toys. I also dig the Celebrity steering wheel.

Is that the original console for the car? I have one from a late 70's Delta 88 coupe, pretty sure it looks just like that one. But it's been a while since I looked at it.

Not a celebrity steering wheel. Thats the factory steering wheel out of my SS monte. And the console isnt original for that car but it was out of another 84 cutlass though. I beleive the cutlass and 88 consoles are pretty much the same

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Love that body style of car across the GM platform. About the only nice looking body style that came from the late 70's and 80's :)

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Not a celebrity steering wheel. Thats the factory steering wheel out of my SS monte. And the console isnt original for that car but it was out of another 84 cutlass though. I beleive the cutlass and 88 consoles are pretty much the same

I forgot the Montes used them too. '82-'86 Celebrity Eurosports used them also, just with a different emblem. Actually, that horn cap was used on Cavaliers also, on the old Chevelle style 4-spoke wheels.

Mad gimp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wade
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
I forgot the Montes used them too. '82-'86 Celebrity Eurosports used them also, just with a different emblem. Actually, that horn cap was used on Cavaliers also, on the old Chevelle style 4-spoke wheels.

Yep. I put that steering wheel in it cause the one that was in it was junk and ugly. I really wanna get a late 60's early 70's cutlass/442 rally steering wheel but for a good one its expensive

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
I like the steering wheel, too. Actually the whole car. Your wife cruises AND races? Most of the women my age would rather march in a feminist rally or protest an anti-abortion film rather than do anything cool or sexy. Hard times in Millenialville, especially for those few who are well-rounded and not total fruits.

Mad gimp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wade
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
I like the steering wheel, too. Actually the whole car. Your wife cruises AND races? Most of the women my age would rather march in a feminist rally or protest an anti-abortion film rather than do anything cool or sexy. Hard times in Millenialville, especially for those few who are well-rounded and not total fruits.

Oh yeah she loves her cars. She has had 2 69 elcaminos a 71 elcamino and a 82 elcamino and a big ford high boy lol. Before we got together she changed her own oil and brakes on her vehicles she even changed a starter on a lil grandam she was driving. She changed the oil in my suburban for me after i had surgery lol. This cutlass is for her. Shes scared of my montecarlo and dont like driving it so she wanted her own car lol. Gotta love them ole irish farm girls lol

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454
Oh yeah she loves her cars. She has had 2 69 elcaminos a 71 elcamino and a 82 elcamino and a big ford high boy lol. Before we got together she changed her own oil and brakes on her vehicles she even changed a starter on a lil grandam she was driving. She changed the oil in my suburban for me after i had surgery lol. This cutlass is for her. Shes scared of my montecarlo and dont like driving it so she wanted her own car lol. Gotta love them ole irish farm girls lol
My wife wants me to get her a car too, eventually. She wants a first gen camaro, but she doesn't have any idea on how to work on them. She just likes the looks.

Mad gimp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wade
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
My wife wants me to get her a car too, eventually. She wants a first gen camaro, but she doesn't have any idea on how to work on them. She just likes the looks.

1st gen camaro would be nice! My wife, for some reason wanted a 3rd camaro or a cutlass. Forgot to mention this montecarlo/race car build was all her idea. She seen it and wanted me to buy it and build it into a race car. Shes and her whole family is BIG into antique tractors too. When we have the room she owns a huge Case tractor she wants to restore lol

Mad gimp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wade
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
Not many of these G body’s left around here, most having been turned into big wheel death traps.

Very true! Its getting hard to find these cars and parts. Luckly the aftermarket/ repop world is opening up for them.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size

Irish farm girls... Gotta remember that one. That’s pretty cool, though. I’ll be happy if I can find one that doesn’t complain about me wanting to go tinker. If I get that far, I’ll be happy.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454
Irish farm girls... Gotta remember that one. That’s pretty cool, though. I’ll be happy if I can find one that doesn’t complain about me wanting to go tinker. If I get that far, I’ll be happy.
They're out there, man. Just gotta find the right one. Many times, my wife encourages me to get out and work in the garage.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willyg