My engine used to sound beefier

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CRM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
K2500
Engine Size
350 CI
Hi all,
I haven't been on the forum for a couple of years as I purchased a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee and it's taken all my time and money. It's done so now it's the square body's turn. I pulled the muffler today and clamped in a new one. The engine has quieted down a "little" bit. Next up is installing the tailpipe once it shows up. After that is a carb rebuild, tranny and differential flush, new brakes, and shocks.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
well yeah, having holes in your exhaust will make it louder. If after putting on new parts that aren't rusted out you're not happy with how it sounds you might want to consider putting a higher flow muffler, either chambered or straight through glasspack depending on the sound you want (my vote is always chambered, flowmaster sound FTW). The factory exhaust and muffler was designed to be quiet, think about new cars even nowadays, even with a big engine they're not loud or "beefy" sounding. If you want beefy sound, you gotta intentionally let that sound out. ESPECIALLY with a 250, the straight 6 sound can be mean as hell if you try, but can also easily be silenced with the factory mufflers and such. You gotta go out of your way and try to make them sound good

Flowmaster 40 series

Dual glasspacks

Make your choice.

Last edited:

CRM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
K2500
Engine Size
350 CI
It's fine for now. I might put about 200 miles a year on it. It's the "go to the dump" and "help someone move" rig. :cool:

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
well then you got yourself a solid little rig there :waytogo:

The 250 will keep on ticking for a long time, really a great engine. Glad to hear you're taking care of the thing!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84