Mr. Pickup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Does anybody know if Mr Pickup still makes square accessories? They used to make grille guards and bumpers and such, but can't find anything on their website. @HotRodPC have you been to their place in OKC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Yes, I've been to both locations. There used to be the one location just a 1.5 miles from my house that was a retail store, and also the bumper manufacturing place in the back. The other location was in OKC right off of I 40 and Agnew IIRC, but buddy, I think they've been out of business for quite sometime. I know they are not here in Moore anymore, and I don't recall seeing their signs off I 40 for a long long time. They may have moved out of OKC or something if they still exist. I'll check into that. I know they used to sell some cool bench seats for squares with the fold down center consoles and such. They sold and manufactured all kinds of cook truck accesories, like seat, nerf bars, bumpers, winch mounts, and sold other products too like wind and bug guards etc.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
It appears they are still in business at the Agnew location, so my memory did serve me. It was Agnew and I-40. It's been probably 10 years since I've been there though and now the I 40 crosstown has jogged over about 1/2 mile, they are not at I 40 and Agnew anymore. Same location, just that the freeway moved. I may have to drop in someday and see what's going on there now.

http://www.mrpickupdist.com/Locations.html

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Let me know what you find out. I looked at their website a few months ago and iirc it still said okc and they were advertising a bunch of parts for new Chevys and stuff. I think they still have a facebook page too but I don't have an account so I'm not positive. I have 2 of their heavy ass stainless rear bumpers and I still want some kind of grille guard/push bar to mount lights to.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I know back in the day, their **** was all good. I know all the Dodge, Ford and GM dealers always deleted the OEM bumpers and all carried the Mr Pick Up bumpers. So if you bought a new truck in most of OK, you got a Mr Pick Up rear bumper with it instead of the OEM bumper. Hasn't been that way in a very long time. I know my 93's all had Mr. Pick Up bumpers on them.

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I know back in the day, their **** was all good. I know all the Dodge, Ford and GM dealers always deleted the OEM bumpers and all carried the Mr Pick Up bumpers. So if you bought a new truck in most of OK, you got a Mr Pick Up rear bumper with it instead of the OEM bumper. Hasn't been that way in a very long time. I know my 93's all had Mr. Pick Up bumpers on them.

Both of my step dads squares have mr pu bumpers on them and he lives in MO. Seems like most of the squares you see have them. Not many people remove them, but I have one in my garage that I bet weighs more than 150lbs. Have it all polished up, just have to cut the other one off being as the PO welded it to the damn frame.

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
3m makes the grippy pads that stick on the top so you don't bust your ass when the bumper is wet. My grandpa was a chemical engineer for them for like 40 years and brought me some new grips the other day. I just can't figure out how to get the old ones off.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Both of my step dads squares have mr pu bumpers on them and he lives in MO. Seems like most of the squares you see have them. Not many people remove them, but I have one in my garage that I bet weighs more than 150lbs. Have it all polished up, just have to cut the other one off being as the PO welded it to the damn frame.

Cut the welds. Or at least leave enough meat to where you can splice new bumper mounts to it and not affect the bumper of it's still in good shape. Everyone liked them for the drop hitch. You could run a lift kit and still have your boat or bike trailer ride level. They also made different drops too, I think up to a 12 inch drop bumper. I know I towed plenty with mine. I didn't have a Receiver hitch I just used my bumper and towed an 18 foot trailer with 3/4 and 1 ton trucks on it without any problems at all.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
3m makes the grippy pads that stick on the top so you don't bust your ass when the bumper is wet. My grandpa was a chemical engineer for them for like 40 years and brought me some new grips the other day. I just can't figure out how to get the old ones off.

Many of them came with it. You could leave it off if you wanted to, but they were so shiney and slick you'd bust your ass if you didn't have it on the tops and used it for a step.

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
My new bumper also has the mounts. Was going to just leave the mounts on the frame and just swap bumpers but the mounts are welded to the frame too. I will probably just grind the welds off the current mounts and then grind the frame back smooth and stick the new one on. Just a 2 person job so I haven't gotten around to it yet.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
My new bumper also has the mounts. Was going to just leave the mounts on the frame and just swap bumpers but the mounts are welded to the frame too. I will probably just grind the welds off the current mounts and then grind the frame back smooth and stick the new one on. Just a 2 person job so I haven't gotten around to it yet.

:sorry: I know what you mean about the 2 person job. Hold me up alot too. Sucks !!! Kinda why I was hoping you were closer to me.

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I'm pretty far, but I do come to OKC quite a bit. If your ever in a bind and need a hand, just let me know. I'm up there usually at least 1 weekend a month.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I didn't think anybody still made those nice heavy duty stainless bumpers anymore. All these modern trucks with bodies shaped around the stock bumper, it kinda killed off the aftermarket bumper market.

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I have one for sale that I can't get anybody interested in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL