Motorhome to flatbed project.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
OK the short version, I have a running driving 27ft RV. It's a P chassis 454 and TBI. The body is delaminating bad and don't need it anyway. The thought is put some common cheap cab on it and build an awesome flat bed dump bed. Now it's a car hauler or whatever hauler. Anyone familiar enough with the P chassis and what cabs might be the list work. 1/2 tempted just to set a square cab on it. And no crazy stuff like find an old COE cab just looking, for easy to find and most functional. Do Dodge or Ford Box van cabs in bolt from the frame? I'm thinking GM/Ford/Dodge C class motor home or box truck cab.

SDJunkMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I think Fords are a unibody type. I had an older one and it didn't have an actual frame like a P chasis has.

Turbo4whl

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
Richard, we need a picture. Where is the driver location in relationship to the engine and front axle?

If it is a short nose, I like @Catbox 's idea.

GTME94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500 C6P Camper Special
Engine Size
454/TH400/14bff 3.73
Ford Econoline cutaway used for class C motor home or box van is definitely full frame with separate cab from '75 until now. The full van stopped production in 2015 and Econoline is only sold as cutaway for RV/box van. The new Transit van is a unibody but is available as a cutaway with stamped type frame rails out back instead of c channel full frame.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T3rraBeara