Missing 4 wheel axle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wi chevvy guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
So im missing my 4 wheel front axle i know it used to have one but its gone doesnt look like it tore off i suspect it was left off on the tranny work i had done of course the shop knows nothing anyway my question is for that axle does it matter salvage yard or new condition thx for any help

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
You mean drive shaft, right? A used in is probably fine if it’s the right one in good condition. That maybe difficult to determine unless you know how to properly measure for driveshafts or find your exact truck in the yard.

This sounds like an odd scenario. You don’t use 4wd often, I’m assuming. You’d probably be pretty aware if it came off driving down the road. Then again...

Wi chevvy guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
So theres a specific measurement u need

Wi chevvy guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
I dont use 4×4 alot the old girls not been in snow yet but id like to have it if i want to use it maybe someone knows where to measure from i assumed i could give the year and make

The88

Mhmm
Reaction score
First Name
ThatGuy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
If you are rolling stock height front shafts are a dime a dozen and an easy google search. Try finding a k5 rear shaft at a reasonable price.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dkorich