might buy this 82 k20 4x4 6.2 detroit and become a member...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TigerTodd

Reaction score
First Name
todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
hello all.

i've been looking for a work truck on and off forever and this lil beauty came to my attention... i've always loved chevy trucks and I have an opportunity to make an offer on a 1982 custom deluxe k20 4x4 6.2 detroit TH400 Single Cab, Long Bed, with no rust, just patina, straight body, 65k orig miles. what do you think is a fair price is? this would be my first Diesel. I've built a few cars/trucks over the years...

- 71 datsun 510 st/track car
- 98 jeep xj crawler
- 01 audi s4 avant
- 07 harley sporty street tracker

anyways... square body's have always been so damn cool and i thought the combo on this truck was unique and its the 1st yr of the Detroit diesel -- i figured i could drive the damn thing for work, advertise my biz on it and probably gain in value for years to come.. just my initial thought. thanks so much for any and all info in advance.

cheers,
todd

82Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
6.2L
Welcome, 1982 Being the first year of the 6.2L Diesel is for sure getting really uncommon especially in a 4x4 3/4 Ton I want you to know that. Complete Engs alone can bring up to $2,000... (Depending on Rarity/State) you live in & Certain parts are Obintanum these days & Bring a lot of money on the market.

65k Miles Sounds good, Keep it Original Guys Flock to these... Good luck with the truck.
-82Diesel from MI

TigerTodd

Reaction score
First Name
todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
nice to meet y'all! thank you. i get her tomorrow!! Im going to run bio diesel. i got a line on a FuelMeister II setup in SF.. In in San Diego.. should be a good initial drive.. oh ya!!

What aftermarket cruise control on amazon is worth a ****? I've broke my damn ankles too many times thx to skateboarding. haha

cheers!
todd

You must be registered for see images attach

TigerTodd

Reaction score
First Name
todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
Welcome, 1982 Being the first year of the 6.2L Diesel is for sure getting really uncommon especially in a 4x4 3/4 Ton I want you to know that. Complete Engs alone can bring up to $2,000... (Depending on Rarity/State) you live in & Certain parts are Obintanum these days & Bring a lot of money on the market.

65k Miles Sounds good, Keep it Original Guys Flock to these... Good luck with the truck.
-82Diesel from MI

Thanks for your reply.. i am over the moon.. 1 more day! haha

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
If that thing has never seen bio before you're going to want to be close to home when you start using it so the towing bill will be cheaper.

Good luck with the purchase and welcome to GMSB.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128