michelin ltx 6 month review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Derrick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I have had a set of 275/70r16 Michelin LTX defenders on my truck for 6 months now and they have 15k miles on it. I have gone thru snow, pavement, gravel, light mud, rain So far the tires are little more on the expensive side compared to my M/T tires. With 15k miles on them, they have very little wear. for snow, they are good in the light snow the second you start doing dumb stuff with them such as snow drifting and other fun stuff they get packed with snow. For dry street driving, they have great traction and almost never break loose with about 300hp to the rear wheels. For wet driving they seem great so far have not hydro plained on the highway I will update once I drive thru a downpour. Gravel they don't grip worth a damn. (fun sometimes to break them loose.) Now for mud, They did better then you would think but at the end of the day its a highway tire and it sucks compared to even a light a/t tire. They get caked with mud right away and has no self-cleaning property. To conclude This tire shines on the wet/dry pavement and on-road snow is not a problem with proper throttle control. Would I buy them again? Yes, I would they are a great tire for on road.

Price: 6/10
Dry:8.5/10
Wear:8/10
Wet:8/10
Gravel: 5/10
Mud:3/10
Snow: 7/10
Overall: 7/10
You must be registered for see images attach

(Filler photo till I can get a good picture of the tire on my truck.)

Iowan

Loud and Proud American!
Reaction score
First Name
Calvin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
350 crate
Thanks for the review, what kind of m/t do you use?

Derrick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Thanks for the review, what kind of m/t do you use?
they are cheap atturo mud blades this year have not put them on yet before that I had BFG m/t that i got the truck with and they were worn to 30% if not less so I cant review them and not say they were crap. The new M/T is a 285/75r16 on a 16/8 rim. (32.8 or 33)

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
I have had a set of 275/70r16 Michelin LTX defenders on my truck for 6 months now and they have 15k miles on it. I have gone thru snow, pavement, gravel, light mud, rain So far the tires are little more on the expensive side compared to my M/T tires. With 15k miles on them, they have very little wear. for snow, they are good in the light snow the second you start doing dumb stuff with them such as snow drifting and other fun stuff they get packed with snow. For dry street driving, they have great traction and almost never break loose with about 300hp to the rear wheels. For wet driving they seem great so far have not hydro plained on the highway I will update once I drive thru a downpour. Gravel they don't grip worth a damn. (fun sometimes to break them loose.) Now for mud, They did better then you would think but at the end of the day its a highway tire and it sucks compared to even a light a/t tire. They get caked with mud right away and has no self-cleaning property. To conclude This tire shines on the wet/dry pavement and on-road snow is not a problem with proper throttle control. Would I buy them again? Yes, I would they are a great tire for on road.

Price: 6/10
Dry:8.5/10
Wear:8/10
Wet:8/10
Gravel: 5/10
Mud:3/10
Snow: 7/10
Overall: 7/10
You must be registered for see images attach

(Filler photo till I can get a good picture of the tire on my truck.)

Great review! Thanks. I've always used LTXs on my truck and my experience is exactly as you described. Great road tire, OK in snow as long as the treads aren't too worn.

My experience is 70-80K lifespan, with caveats. I run them until you can almost see the air and they're fine in rain and regular driving, don't expect good performance in snow or mud when the tread is down.

Derrick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Great review! Thanks. I've always used LTXs on my truck and my experience is exactly as you described. Great road tire, OK in snow as long as the treads aren't too worn.

My experience is 70-80K lifespan, with caveats. I run them until you can almost see the air and they're fine in rain and regular driving, don't expect good performance in snow or mud when the tread is down.
thanks, I don't think I will get that much life now that I am adding power to my truck and have an lsd diff.

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
Please remember to rotate your tires.