mechanical to electric fuel pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

83 K20

Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
I'm swiping the mechanical fuel pump from my 350 to an electric one because my 454 is a gen 6 and cannot take a mechanical fuel pump i bought a pump from auto zone and I'm wondering what line do i hook it up to because their is two lines that go to the mechanical fuel pump i understand i have to go closer to the fuel tank and not in the engine bay because electric pumps push fuel not pull it if anyone did this please let me know and send pictures i also picked up an oil pressure switch for the fuel pump so i don't flood the carb anything helps thanks

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Use the bigger feed line. The smaller one if for return back to the tank. You'll like have to cap that one off. What pump pressure e pump did you get? You might need a fuel pressure regulator and that'll keep you from flooding the engine. Only time an e pump should flood your engine is if the fuel pressure can overcome the needle in the carb that lets fuel in. If it does, it'll overflow the fuel bowl and then flood the engine. Keep the pressure down to 6 or 7lbs and you won't have a problem.

83 K20

Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
its a mr gasket pump thats for a motor with a carb

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads