Master Cylinder Pushrod Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shields

Reaction score
First Name
Dayton
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Hello All,

I am bolting up a brake booster and master cylinder from a 1977 C10 onto my 1983 C10.

I noticed that the hole on the end of the brake booster pushrod is a bit smaller than the stud it attaches to on the brake pedal arm.

Does anybody know what size I have to drill the hole out to so that it will slide onto the later year brake pedal stud?

Thank you.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
I dont have your answer but maybe I can help. If you have the old booster you might be able use hole in that rod to gauge the size, also I dont know if the rod pops out on the square body, but some do and you might simply be able to swap rods. If you do go the drill route just be sure you dont take to much material off and cause it to be weak. Obviously a broke rod would be a very bad thing. Another thing is you might be able to measure the rod, or drill it out taking a little at a time. Hopefully someone will know better than i.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL