Manual windows conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chuck82Suburban

Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 suburban
Engine Size
I'm looking to covert my 1982 suburban to manual windows from power windows does anyone have any info or tips on where to start or know any kits? Right now I'm looking at just buying roll-ups assemblies from lmc would you recommendation this or is there a better product? know most people want to get rid of the power windows i don't much care for them.

RoryH19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rory
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado SWB
Engine Size
350 TBI
I'm looking to covert my 1982 suburban to manual windows from power windows does anyone have any info or tips on where to start or know any kits? Right now I'm looking at just buying roll-ups assemblies from lmc would you recommendation this or is there a better product? know most people want to get rid of the power windows i don't much care for them.
If you have access to a salvage yard I would start there.
It will be much more expensive if you use a LMC type company to buy all the parts.
With a donor you can get all of the pieces and see how it works.
Not a hard swap and easier then going from manual to electric.

Main pieces are the regulators and cranks. Windows will be the same.
Are you also moving to manual locks?

Also have to consider you door panel since you have switches now instead of a crank hole.

Chuck82Suburban

Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 suburban
Engine Size
Thank you very much there hasn't been much in my salvage yard but ill keep looking.

Itali83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
1982, 1987, 1987
Truck Model
K10, 'burban C10, Jimmy
Engine Size
350, 6.2, 350
Just so you know the crank handle lines up with the power switches. On a suburban that’ll kind of suck on the drivers door because there are 4 switches but in the others, you’ll hardly notice the square hole behind the crank handle.

RoryH19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rory
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado SWB
Engine Size
350 TBI
Thank you very much there hasn't been much in my salvage yard but ill keep looking.
Sure. If you have to buy new, try Rockauto. Usually cheaper and there is a discount code on this site.

BKING33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
1987, 1989
Truck Model
K30, Suburban
Engine Size
6.2, 6.2 turbo
Just did the same to my Suburban. I was tired of slow or inop motors. I also removed power locks for the same reason.
While your in there you might consider replacing the window run channel weatherstrips and outer belt moldings. They are usually torn or cracked.
I used parts from a parts truck I had for the regulators and panels.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shepard te