Manual swap questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chakoman

Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban v1500
Engine Size
I am putting a sm465/205 into my 91 suburban. I just have a couple questions i couldn't find the answers to. My pedal assembly is from a 77. Do i need to change the brake switch and the switch on the clutch pedal to ones from 1991 suburban with a manual? Can i use my existing steering column? Thanks in advance for the help.

eskimomann209

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Not sure about the NSS. I’d imagine you’d need one and any one will work. Yes your brake switch is fine. the biggest problem I see is your speedometer. The np205 is 99.9 percent of the time mechanical speedometer drive. The 91 suburban uses a VSS.

In fact that driver drop 241 you have is worth about 4-600 bucks depending on buyer and market... having said that I’ll offer you 100 bucks.
Your steering column should work fine. Pull the pin and remove the shifter for looks ... there are a lot of floor shift cars you could get a sleeker looking one from however... odds are your burb has OD.

You’re going to lose that with the 465. You’d be better off looking for the nv4500 I have seen like 4 in Oregon.

Chakoman

Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban v1500
Engine Size
Thank you for the reply. Ive already got the 465/205 combo so ill live with it. Gonna be used mostly off road. Pulling my first steering column was quite intimidating. Lots of plugs. Just got to figure out what to wire the clutch safety switch to. Thanks again for your help.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T3rraBeara