Made an accessory fuse block

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

semperfiguy98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K20
Engine Size
Hey all. I made an accessory fuse block and mounting bracket. (OK I didn't make the fuse block, but I did the layout and insert the connector receptacles). It has circuits for CB/Ham radio, front/rear LEDs, and power taps for phone/device charging. The wiring came from work. I just used some Deutsch connectors for the ends. Then I made the mounting assembly from some scrap. We have a brake, so bending was fairly easy. Then welded the feet to it. I'll send more pics once I install it.

You must be registered for see images attach

omillan99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 Scottsdale
Engine Size
350 4 Bolt
Looks pretty sweet, would love to see it installed.

KilgoreTrout

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
350ci
Yeah, it looks good.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
Looks great. What model box and pins are those? You should think about making fuse boxes for LS swaps. With all those slots, you could put a fuse on every ckt and still have room for tons of relays.....including daytime running lights etc.

semperfiguy98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K20
Engine Size
This is the datasheet for the box. We got a bunch of them from a vendor to use as samples. Our electrical engineers said they had some spares and I could take them if I wanted. I actually have a few from different brands because vendors are always bringing us stuff to test.

https://www.waytekwire.com/datasheet/45989.pdf

I'm not sure if that link works, but you could probably copy and paste into your browser.

The pins are Metripack 280 style pins. The ones we have are open barrel, and they require a specific crimper for that. The Deutsch connectors on the end also require a specific crimper, but we stock those here at work since the equipment that we manufacture uses them.

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
How did you power it?

semperfiguy98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K20
Engine Size
The larger Deutsch connector has 2 12 guage wires that supply power to most of the circuits. I'm pulling power from the junction block on the firewall. I'm making a harness from that to supply the fusebox and then from the box to the accessories that it powers. When it's done, I'll post some more pics. I'm also working on building a complete harness for my son's Camaro.

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Have you thought about feeding the junction block with a larger wire, or is it currently fed by two 10 ga (metric equivalent) wires?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BryantRiverRat