LS1 T56 swap Engine mount question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

84GMCStep

Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
Hello fellow square body drivers. I'm doing a LS1 T56 swap and was wondering with all the mounts available do I get engine mounts to move the engine forward or not. Looks like Dirty Dingo mounts are the way to go but do I need the ability to adjust forward. This is the first of many questions to come. Thanks for any advise

Qwk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.7/T56
Hello fellow square body drivers. I'm doing a LS1 T56 swap and was wondering with all the mounts available do I get engine mounts to move the engine forward or not. Looks like Dirty Dingo mounts are the way to go but do I need the ability to adjust forward. This is the first of many questions to come. Thanks for any advise

I used Dirty Dingo motor mounts and Holley's transmission cross member.

84GMCStep

Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
Thanks, for the info. So when installed the engine did you move the forward or aft?

Qwk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.7/T56

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
Tejas steelworks mounts will raise and shift the engine forward allowing clearance for the a/c compressor fittings instead of notching out the frame. You'll probably have to move the trans cross member and possibly extend your drive shaft. Another good thing is they are cheaper.

They'll work on 4x4 as well, just have to change the driveshaft lengths (so I've read thats all thats needed, do your own research to verify...You being future 4x4 viewers that read this). This normally isn't an issue as a lot of people upgrade them to larger shafts. It's not in my budget so I'm not doing it.

https://squareup.com/market/tejassteelworks/

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
83elcowes